Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Mother

It was the summer of 89 and I had not long turned nineteen. I was living in a shared house with my eighteen year old boyfriend in East London. Our bags were packed and we were ready to go backpacking around Europe, working on farms picking fruit as we went. I had spent months researching, reading every book I could get my hands on. Our trip was planned with military precision. We were young, in love and that summer we were about to work our way around Europe.


That same summer I discovered I was soon to become a Mother. Our backpacking dream had to be put on hold while wedding plans took over. My own Mother cancelled her fast approaching holiday to Tunisia and instead, organised my wedding. A church wedding that was to take place within eleven weeks, just before my baby bump would be starting to show. Mum was fantastic as she took care of everything, even making the bridal bouquets. At times I could sense her panic as she frantically ran around like a lunatic, eager to guarantee that my fiance and I had a wedding day to remember.


And we did. Thanks to my Mother I had a gorgeous white wedding, just like I had always wanted. Papa Syder and I were teenage newly weds about to become young parents. I had long forgotten my plans to backpack across Europe and instead I looked forward to becoming a Mother. That was nearly twenty four years ago and in between then and now I became a Mother four times over, and now I'm a Grandmother too.

I will never forget the role my Mother played on our wedding day, She knew Papa was the only one for me, She just knew. Thankyou Mum x.



Baby Baby

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Emma. I'm sure she's up there smiling down and reading your blog proud of everything you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely story. I can just imagine how proud your mum must be of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post. Sounds like she really loved you and would do anything for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely story, and you look beautiful in the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lovely that she knew he was the one for you. The photographs are wonderful too.
    Thank you so much for joining in with Write on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, as ever :) Wonderful photos for this post too, you look so happy. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy ending, lovely to read thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A bit teary-eyed here... The smile on your Mum's face on that photo says it all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures, beautiful post. What a wonderfully supportive mother!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful, and lovely photos to go with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely, lovely story. Your story really is amazing. And what an incredibly supportive mum. X.

    ReplyDelete
  12. *Sobs* That is such a lovely happy post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She sounds like she was such an amazing Mum xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...