Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Low Fat Trout With Watercress Sauce


I'm not a massive fish eater. I don't like fish that's too 'fishy' so a bit of trout is perfect for my taste. After a recent trip to the doctors I need to keep a close eye on the ole ticker, so I'm making sure my diet is full of 'heart happy' food stuff. Oily fish is is good for us as they are an excellent source of protein, are high in iron, Vitamin A and contain omega 3 fatty acids. From now on I will be trying to eat fish three times per week. I'm back on my weight loss journey and this recipe is a Weight Watchers one, so it is low in fat, delicious and really easy.


Ingredients - Serves 4 

  • 700g Raw Trout
  • Spray Oil
  • 200g of Light Soft Cheese
  • 2 tbs Lemon Juice
  • 150ml of Skimmed Milk
  • Rosemary
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 750g New Potatoes


Method

1. Put the potatoes on to boil in salted water
2. After ten minutes, spray a baking sheet with oil and place the trout on top. Sprinkle with lemon juice and some pepper. Cook for ten minutes under the grill.
3. In a saucepan melt the cheese with the milk. add the watercress and simmer gently for 2 minutes.
4. Drain the potatoes and serve with the potatoes. Garnish with rosemary and watercress.



3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. So fresh and summery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I have some trout, will certainly give this a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that looks amazing, I'm definitely going to give this a go :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...