Wednesday, 12 June 2013

The Gallery - Inspirational Women




Dear Mum,

It's been nearly seven years since I last spoke to you. The yearning I feel to pick up that phone and dial your number is so overwhelming, that sometimes I can't stop the tears from falling. I try Mum, I try so hard not to get upset but nothing stops the ache I feel to speak to you.

People said it would get easier in time, that the pain of missing you would lessen, and it does. I no longer burst into tears every time I talk about you. I can now remember you rather than just miss you. So, yes I guess it has got easier.

I have so many things to tell you Mum. The kids are all growing up so fast, I think you would struggle to recognise them. Your Great Granddaughter is such a joy, you would love her so much, and she has got so big. You would feel so proud of them all. Papa Syder is still by my side, I know you are pleased to hear that. You always did have a soft spot for him didn't you. He misses you too, you were like a Mum to him and he loved you as if you were. 

Oh Mum, you would love our little house here in the country. We have worked so hard to establish a slower, more simple way of life. The garden is lovely and we have worked our socks off out there. We so wish you could see it and wander round looking at the plants I have picked to grow. And you would adore Bertha, our retro caravan.

I've got this blog Mum, it started as a place to collect our memories and to remember you, but it has become so much more and I've had some amazing opportunities, even a trip to the Czech Republic! I've made some lovely Friends through it, from all over the World, like minded people who love to write as much as me. Oh, and it's up for an award, I'm a finalist in the lifestyle category for the BritMums Brilliance in Blogging awards. How about that Mum, I can see you looking down and grinning. I hope you feel proud Mum.

Sometimes life is a bit lonely without you. I know I have Papa, he is my best Friend and I've got the Kids, but there is nothing like having you there to talk to, to ask advice and to wish me Happy Birthday or Merry Christmas. I wish I'd realised how much I used to rely on your advice. I wish I'd written more things down. I wish we had more time. I wish I'd told you how much I admire you and what an amazing inspiration you are to me. You were the kindest and the most honest & selfless person I have ever known. Getting your degree, renovating a house abroad and self building us a lovely home in East London, all as a single parent was a remarkable achievement. You never seemed to feel any fear, you just went for your dreams, full steam ahead. So, Whenever I get asked what woman inspires me, I proudly tell them, My Mum. 

I love you Mum.

Always & Forever,
Your loving Daughter xxx


36 comments:

  1. beautifully written, Emma. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. It's almost seven years since I lost my dad, and oh, how I know what you mean about the ache. I have so much I want to tell him and show him. I'm so sad that he didn't see me writing the book he always told me I should. Much love to you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael. So sorry you have lost a parent too. It's frustrating not being able to share our achievements with them isn't it. I bet your Dad is beaming from ear to ear over your book x

      Delete
  3. I feel like I'm intruding here but this post really touched me as I lost my own mother in 2011. I'm still crying over your beautiful words...

    I'm sure that your mum is proud of you. You're quite an inspirational lady yourself. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. Really sorry that you have also lost your Mum. It's so painful isn't it, especially in the early days. Sending you a hug x

      Delete
  4. To quote The Script "She will be up there with God saying that's my kid"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post... Sending hugs. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7 years and 2 months for me. Still can't erase her mobile number from my phone. It's like rubbing her out. I feel you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. Me too, I can't erase her number or her email address. So sorry you have lost your Mum too x

      Delete
  7. Beautiful words, I lost my dad in 2003 but I could never imagine losing my mum! She will indeed be super proud of you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. Really sorry that you have lost your Dad. Losing a parent is so painful isn't it x

      Delete
  8. Oh Emma, that's just beautiful. I could've written the same to my Mum (with a few changes of course). I wonder if your Mum and my Mum have met? If there's a cup of tea and cake involved, my Mum would be there. She'd love your caravan and seeing all your beautiful flowers and chickens. A lovely letter and your Mum would be proud alright!

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Anne, Thanks so much. Maybe they have met, that is a lovely thought. They are probably sitting up there with a cuppa, having a right ole natter, lol xxx

      Delete
  9. I feel every word, beautiful tribute to the most inspiring woman xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou, She is a very missed lady isn't she xxx

      Delete
  10. Beautiful and heartfelt, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post. You are very lucky to have had such a lovely mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacq, I appreciate every year I had with her. I'm very lucky to have had her for a Mum x

      Delete
  12. That brought a tear to my eye. From what you shared, your mum was a remarkable woman, and a wonderful role model to you. Now I see where your 'can do' attitude comes from. X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Older Mum, My Mum believed we could achieve anything we put our minds to. She had a very positive attitude to life x

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness, she sounds like an incredible woman in so many ways. I love the way you've written this to her as a letter and I am sure her spirit is strong with you and glowing with pride. It can't be easy to not have her to talk with, but how lucky you were to be blessed with such an inspiring mother. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I feel very blessed indeed, she was a lovely mum x

      Delete
  14. This is just beautiful, it made me cry. What a lovely tribute xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tumbled across your blog a couple of weeks ago and have been following it since. Then, yesterday, I went onto another blog I have been following for the last month or so and discovered you are related!!!! (sisters in law I think) - it was such a pleasant surprise!!! And when I read that post (ie lou's lake views) I had to agree with her - I follow blogs that 'inspire' me in some way - and yours did/does just that - the way you and your husband are still best buddies, the role that your family clearly plays in your life, your choice to slow things down and your weight loss goals - so hey, you are an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, what a lovely comment. Yes, Lou is my Sis in law...a lovely one she is too. I really appreciate your comment and I'm thrilled that you enjoy my blog, Thankyou so much x

      Delete
  16. How special, made me cry. Beautiful words xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an absolutely beautiful post, my mother is my inspirational woman and I can't even begin to imagine life without her, I'm sending you lots of warm virtual hugs right now x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sat here crying, such beautiful words, and I know just how you feel. I miss my mum every day and birthdays, Christmas and special occasions are never the same without her there

    ReplyDelete
  19. What beautiful words, I relate so much for my feelings for my dad. I can't say anymore, I'm sobbing. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...