Thursday, 20 June 2013

Reasons To Be Cheerful


It's been a busy week here at The Syders. The weather pleases me at this time of year and so does the garden, so I've been pottering about and getting the garden all lovely for summer BBQ's (hopefully).

Best Friends

1. We had a great week with our Daughters Friend, who was visiting us from North Devon. My Daughter was bouncing around all week, thrilled to be re-united with her best Friend. We are now making plans to go and visit her in the summer holidays. I can't wait as North Devon is a very special place to us.

2. I had two trips into London to meet and wave off our Devon Friend. Living in Essex I have very easy access into London and I do like a trip in every few months. I always feel like I'm going home as I start seeing red buses, underground signs and so many people in a hurry. I love the sounds, the scents and the busy atmosphere. I love that I know where I'm going and can smoothly navigate my way around the underground as childhood memories come flooding back. I always think of my Brother (the one who now lives in Canada) when I'm in London as we spent many days jumping on and off the old Routemaster buses as children, with our carrier bag of sandwiches.

3. I have been really excited all week for tomorrows BIBs results. I didn't think for a minute that I would be in the finals when nominations were taking place, so we had arranged a weekend away as a celebration for our Daughters partner's birthday, so I wont be at the ceremony but I'll be on Twitter Friday night eagerly & excitedly watching the results. I'm so thrilled to be a finalist, and my Family are so proud. Good luck to everyone and have fun to all of you who will be at BritMums Live over the weekend. I will be at the conference next year, I promise!



Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart


How has Your Week Been?


13 comments:

  1. Special good luck wishes for tomorrow night Emma. I'm going to be on holiday from tomorrow morning, so wont be able to see the results until I get home next weekend (no laptop or ipad for me). Please message me on FB to let me know how you got on x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joy, Yes I will let you know. Have a lovely holiday xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the atmosphere in London too. Have. Great weekend and fingers crossed for the BIBs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sound like the girls had a great week together it'll be lovely to do a return visit, it's such a beautiful part of the country. Hubbie also has very fond memories of your exploits around London and often talks about them. I too will be anxiously following BritMums on twitter, we are all so proud of you and have got our fingers crossed. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thanks so much Lou, That means a lot to me xxx

      Delete
  4. Good luck for Friday. Sounds like a great week with your daughter's friend. I , too, love London. To visit. Not to live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful picture, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. we love visiting london too. My son with aspergers in particular seems to have quite an obsession about London!!! How lovely to make plans to visit Devon. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you have had some lovely days recently :) very well done on your Britmums award I think it's fab x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great week. I think I must be in a minority, I don't like visiting London. Well, I like visiting a lot of the places in London, but I always find it too busy for me (apart from during Olympics, it was lovely and quiet!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a great weekend, big well done again. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...