Thursday, 13 June 2013

Reasons To Be cheerful


The weather has taken a turn for the worse here in Essex, this week. No real surprise there, I know and I haven't let it spoil my week.


1. Firstly we have a guest this week at the Syders. Our eldest Daughter's best friend from North Devon has come to stay in Bertha the retro caravan for a week. It is so lovely to see her and our Daughter is beaming all day long because she is reunited with her dearest friend.

2. I finally planted out my summer baskets and I filled them with my favourites, petunia's and geraniums. I love the process of getting my hands in the soil and planting out. I find it so relaxing and so satisfying to see spots of colour dotted around the garden.

3.We have a new addition to the Syder garden. Harry the Gnome. Our youngest bought him for me as a little surprise gift and I love him. He is now in charge of my fruit and Lily area of the garden. His happy smile brightens my day.






Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart



17 comments:

  1. Like your gnome:)

    Someone's nicked mine. :( How DARE they!!!

    Waiting for the ransom note...

    Take a photo of yours, then you will have some form of identification should some toerag nick it.

    Sadly, I had no picture. *sniffs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, you already have a photo of your gnome...

      Note to self...consume at least three mugs of coffee BEFORE you comment!

      Delete
    2. Hehe, I'm exactly the same before my morning coffee's. Sorry to hear your gnome was nicked, thats outrageous! x

      Delete
  2. Lucky Girl! What a lovely place to stay:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gnome as well - a lot brighter than this miserable weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet of your youngest to buy that for you, you couldn't be grumpy looking at that happy face! Lovely for your eldest to have her friend visit too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the pictures of your caravan and think it is a lovely place for your guests to stay. As to the gnome, we have various gargoyles and gnomes in parts of the garden too, just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Bertha is in use and here's to great friendships.
    Keep thinking of buying a gnome and now I have seen yours ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gnome! And he is still intact, unlike those from the tv advert. Lovely reasons to be cheerful.

    Laura x x x

    xmylifeasamummyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am in Essex too, the weather has been dreadful hasn't it :( Suppose to be better next week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so need to get a knome for our garden, lovely addition. Love you flowers too they are very pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab that Bertha is in use. I bet your daughter's friend is loving it!X

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute gnome. Have a good weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I smiled at the thought of your daughter's friend coming to stay. My son's best friend moved to Devon nearly a year ago and we all miss him :( Hopefully my son catch up with him over the summer. Your gnome made me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great little gnome! Sorry the weather in England has taken a turn for the worse. We are having bad weather here in Canada now too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the gnome! always great to have friends staying :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...