Monday, 24 June 2013

Pinch Me...I Won A BritMums Brilliance In Blogging Award!



It's Monday morning and I'm sitting here with my coffee, the telly is on in the background and I can hear my favourite TV chef Dean Edwards showing Lorraine how to cook baked sea bass. I have a very excited feeling in my tummy, because on Friday night I discovered that I had won a BIBS for the Lifestyle category. Please pinch me because I'm still in total shock.

We had gone away for the weekend, it was planned ages ago before I was a finalist and even though the kids urged me to attend the awards ceremony, I still felt I couldn't let them down now, as they had been excitedly chatting about our mini break for months, and besides I was thinking "I'll never win it anyway". 

7.30pm and I was in the caravan frantically trying to pick up wi-fi on my phone. I couldn't get any reception and I began to panic that I wouldn't be able to find out who had won and congratulate them. Then all of a sudden my phone buzzed a notification. It was a Tweet from @dragonsflypoppy saying "Yay!!!!!!!!!!!Well Done You xxxx".

My heart missed a beat and I thought to myself "Have I won or does the tweet relate to a blog post about a latest bargain that I've found?" Then another Tweet and another and another. Lovely Tweeters Congratulating me. I suddenly screamed "I think I've won, I think I've won!" 

The faces of my Family at that moment was such a magic moment for me. My eyes began to sting with tears as I saw how happy they all looked. Their smiles big and wide, they were jumping around the caravan shouting out "Woo Hoo, Woo Hoo! Mum's an award winning blogger!" I felt my cheeks burn bright red as I suddenly felt a little taken back by their reaction. I felt embarrassed for a split second by all the attention they were showering me with.

Out came the Champagne that my Brother and Sister-in-Law had sent me from Canada last Christmas. I had packed it on the off chance that I might actually win. I opened all the caravan cupboard doors and looked for some glasses. No posh flutes for us but we didn't care. I popped the cork and the Family cheered. It was an amazing moment and one that I will never forget.



Congratulations to all the other category winners and Thank you to everyone who nominated me, voted for me and sent me lovely Tweets, comments and messages of Congratulations, and of course Thank you to BritMums and the judges. I'm totally and utterly delighted.

42 comments:

  1. Oh wow well done to you!! Very well deserved!! I missed Britmums this year too. Hope you had a lovely holiday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your well deserved win :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you, I cheered loudly as you went up! A magic moment indeed from a great 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I appreciate that x

      Delete
  4. Well, that's just bloody fantastic. I've shed tears of happiness for you as well Emma. You're just living proof that good things happen to those that have good blogs with great photos and interesting things to read about, like yours. Well done mate!

    Love from downunder,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Anne, Thanks so much, such a lovely comment from my gorgeous Aussie pal xxx

      Delete
  5. Congratulations - completely deserved!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, well done, bravo! I've enjoyed reading your blog and it's a well deserved award. Be proud of your achievement and keep on doing what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sally, I appreciate your lovely comment x

      Delete
  7. Congratulations Emma you are a very talented writer , well done .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, Wish Nanny was here to see it x

      Delete
    2. Me 2 your Nans and grandads and mum would have been so happy. Very proud of you. Go get them girl ! Xx

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! I was very pleased to see the results. is that a celebratory Capri sun drink I see there? :-) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! Yes, thats a capri sun, She didnt like the taste of champers, bless her x

      Delete
  9. A magic moment indeed! Well done and congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulation, well done. I can imagine how happy you are xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, Im flabbergasted I won x

      Delete
  11. What a brilliant post! And...ahem...I feel a little bit honoured to have a mention. Thank you :) Although I'm so sorry if I caused a moment of confusion! I was squealing when I heard your blog named! So so pleased for you lovely. So well-deserved xx See you there next year? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please dont apologise, my confusion only lasted a second. Thankyou for being the first lovely person to Congratulate me. I'm still a bit shell shocked by it all x

      Delete
  12. Huge congratulations I cheered when your name came up on twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nichola, I really really appreciate that x

      Delete
  13. Massive congratulations to you!!! this is an amazing #magicmoment in my book!

    Thanks for linking up with #magicmoments its lovely to have you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! How wonderful to be able to celebrate with your family. It was such a great weekend. Assuming you're not booking a holiday this time next year?! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne. I will be attending next year, so many bloggers I'd love to meet x

      Delete
  15. Whoop, whoop whoop and very well done you - can't tell you how hard it was keeping THAT secret :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mari, Thanks so much! It has been a wonderful surprise, I can't stop smiling x

      Delete
  16. Awww I got all teary reading that. Such a fantastic moment, I'm glad we were part of it even if it was only to provide the alcohol to toast you with ;-) We were with you in spirit! You're the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lou, It was a very special moment. The champers was delightful, Thankyou xxx

      Delete
  17. I did scream very loudly at that point! Well done you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done! So well deserved. I was so, so happy when they announced you. I jumped up and down, clapping and whooping! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lovely, still can't believe it but Im so thrilled. It was a wonderful surprise xxx

      Delete
  19. Well done, Emma! :o) Got a bit tearful reading your post... Thoroughly deserved. xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...