Wednesday, 8 May 2013

The Gallery - The Weekend


A good weekend for me is usually spent in the garden. I love it especially, if the weather is warm, as I potter about, with my favourite 1940's radio station softly drifting from inside the summer house while the hens forage and my husband is in the background sawing wood for his latest project.

Weekends are spent with the people we love, precious family members and cherished friends and if the sun shines, then out comes the BBQ, the cocktail mixer and Papa's speciality pork and apple rolls.


Spending evenings sat around the campfire toasting marshmallows, chatting and enjoying the warm glow of the flames is my idea of a blissful night. Long gone are my crazy clubbing weekends, although great at the time now my pace of life is much slower.


Life is peaceful for us. My garden is my sanctuary, my joy. I feel at peace when I see my family and friends enjoying the outdoor space that Papa and I have worked hard to create.


I love to spend my weekends in my garden. Where do you spend yours?

20 comments:

  1. Mama S. I am coming to stay, I hope that's OK with you? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, nothing better than chilling in the garden over the weekend! Our Gallery posts are very similar this week :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab pictures, i am so jealous that you have a camp fire how great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yours sounds like my ideal weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im jealous! Really does sound like the perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that sounds a really lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely garden. So nice to share it with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures. Looks like you all had a great weekend.

    Herding Cats

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is such a beautiful garden! What better way to spend a weekend? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this is how weekends should be. We were having a BBQ too, hope you will pop over and join me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a lovely garden, I wish mine was like that but I haven't got green fingers! Great pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your garden too and really enjoy all your posts about what you guys get up to!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your garden looks amazing and so welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was such a lovely post. I want to come around - I'll bring cake! You have a wonderful garden and family! X.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your garden looks a wonderful, vibrant, happy place to be indeed! This put a real smile on my face. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea to have a camp fier in the garden! Might suggest this to DH! Lovely pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely pictures you have a great garden, looks so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can I come and chill out in your garden? ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...