Thursday, 30 May 2013

Reasons To Be Cheerful

It's been a great week here at The Syders. I love this time of year, as the weather starts to improve, even on rainy days it feels summery, with the birds singing and the garden starting to bloom.

1. We had  fantastic weather for the bank holiday weekend, and boy did we make the most of it. We BBQ'd, had the pool out, camped and generally had a great time together, outside as a Family. 


2. Its been half term so our Granddaughter has been staying with us. We always really look forward to spending time with her, and we all really enjoy her company, she is such a funny character. The first night she was here she spotted my retro 1970 Enid Blyton books on my shelf, and all week she has been hooked on them.


3. I've finished the first year of my criminology degree, Yay! I have really enjoyed the course so far, but glad the year is over so I can spend the next few months reading novels before my second year starts. Fingers crossed that I pass.


4. I made a start on making over my front garden. I spend a lot of time on the back, and the front tends to get a bit neglected so I've planted out some climbing roses, (that will hopefully tumble over my white picket fence,) and a few other plants that I love. I've ordered 120 geraniums and petunia's so hopefully I will have the front looking gorgeous in no time.



Hows your week been?






Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart




10 comments:

  1. Loved reason number 2!! If I could get my hands on some Enid Blyton books I'd be hooked all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is lovely to see the younger generation reading Enid Blyton. Many a child started to love reading because of her. Well done on getting through year one of your degree. How many years to go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That inflatable pool is awesome! I really need to buy something like that. I was a big fan of Enid Blyton, I'm pretty sure they are still in my mum and dads attic somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great week. She really is a book worm isn't she, reading while floating in a dinghy in a pool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant reasons! Looks like you're all having a lovely time. We were out enjoying the sunshine over the bank holiday weekend too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have loved your pictures on Instagram this week! I want to come to your place! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on tackling a degree when you have so much else on your plate. Great pics - precious memories. I loved doing Criminology when I was at university back in the day.
    Great post and here's to Enid Blyton!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you've had a great week, your pool is fantastic! I bet lots of fun was had in there over the weekend.

    How lovely that your granddaughter is now reading the same books as you, that's a true sign of a classic I think :)

    Hopping over from #R2BC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have been having lots of fun. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bank holiday was lovely wasn't ... we had the paddling pool out too. Criminology degree - Wow - is that what your psychology essays have been working towards too? X.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...