Thursday, 23 May 2013

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Recent events in the news has really broken my heart and made me want to wrap my arms around my Family and hug them that little bit tighter. Firstly the Oklahoma tornado totally devastated a whole town, a town that will never be the same again. I admire their strength, courage and determination to get through this awful time. My heart goes out to them. Secondly we heard the news of a young lad and that horrific attack in Woolwich. I have wept this morning, as again my heart is breaking for this lads Family, especially his Mum & Dad, I just cant imagine the pain they are feeling right now. My love and thoughts are with them.

When terrible things like this happen, it can be difficult to think about the good things in life although sometimes it encourages us to count our blessings.

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart


1. I have made the finals of BritMums Brilliance in Blogging awards in the Lifestyle category. It hasn't really sunk in yet, I'm totally stunned, and thrilled, absolutely thrilled! Thank you to who ever voted for me and well done to everyone else who got through.

NOMINATE ME BiB 2013 LIFESTYLE


2. I have bought some lovely new plants for my front garden, and they smell divine. I can't wait to watch them establish over the next few years. The garden centre always puts a smile on my face and I struggle to drag myself away. I always have to set myself a strict budget because I could easily overspend. I bought a gorgeous pink rambling rose, some Euphurbia, Daisies and Spirea. Can not wait for the rose to start blooming.
 
3. Our eldest Son had his first holiday abroad without Mum & Dad. He had a lovely week in Turkey and really enjoyed himself. That moment when your child heads off abroad without you is a scary time, but I needn't have worried because he was very sensible. Phew!

How has your week been?




10 comments:

  1. It's hard to be positive when there's so many awful things in the world. But congratulations on the BIB awards, such great news! fingers crossed for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to do my R2BC last night and then watched the news... So so sad.
    Congrats on the BiB's! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for making the finals, so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrible news lately....

    Many congratulations for making the finals - you so deserved it. Lovely to see you wearing that finalist badge with pride.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news on the BiBs! well done.
    Your son went away alone?! My eldest is 15, I have every intention of confiscating his passport for many years to come!! haha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done on BiBs! good luck with garden

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore rambling roses - be sure to keep us updated with pictures of that! And of course, huge congrats on the BiBs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that the news this week has been grim. However, a garden is a wonderful and soothing place to forget the world's troubles for a while. Glad your son is finding his wings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on making it to the finals! Look forward to meeting you in June :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huge congrats on being a BiB finalist, that's amazing news! You must be so chuffed. We've been off plant buying recently too, it's that time of year for getting the garden sorted. As for Turkey - we went last year, amazing country. Your son will have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...