Friday, 17 May 2013

Reasons To Be Cheerful



Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart



It's been another good week here at The Syders and I made a shocking discovery...Angelina Jolie's Dad is The Champ! I don't know how I never knew that. On more of a serious note though, what an inspiration Angelina is to have made the decision to be tested for the faulty cancer gene, and then to have a double mastectomy, such a brave woman. I've never been much of a fan of Jolie, but the awareness she has raised recently is fantastic, especially for ladies like me who should go and get tested. Because of her, I have been prompted to make some enquires with my doctor, about having the test too, as I lost my Mum to one of the cancers that carry the faulty gene. I'm sure Jolie's publicity will save some lives.


1. My first reason to be cheerful this week is that I have been selected to write for BritMums and the Positively Inspirational round up for June and July. I am so honoured and thrilled, and I can not wait to be involved.

2. My lounge is very nearly finished, I just have the seats of my eating area left to recover then I'll be done, for this room anyway as I'll be starting on our 13 year olds bedroom next, which will be next week.

3. I have ordered over 100 plant plugs for my summer hanging baskets and pots. I'm so excited to get planting and just hope the weather isn't too wet when they turn up. Also my seedlings are all sprouting and my spuds have gone crazy.

How's your week been?





6 comments:

  1. Thats definitely nice reasons to be cheerful, and I agree that Angelina is a real inspiration for her publicity around this. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were picked to write the Brtimums round up because you are a true inspiration to me, probably not allowed to mention yourself though eh? ;-) Beautiful pic btw xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh and now you're reminding me of all the things I need to get sorted....my son's bedroom (been promising to do that since 2011!) and our bedding/hanging basket plants all arrived yesterday so I'm looking forward to doing a bit of planting this weekend too. Great reasons to be cheerful and I'm with you on the Angelina Jolie thing - she was so understated about it all too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely reasons - can we see some pictures of the lounge soon please! Also totally agree about Angelina - what an enormously brave decision. X.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the BritMums Write Up Hun

    Lovely post x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm super excited you are doing the round-up. I know it will rock! Mich x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...