Thursday, 2 May 2013

Reasons To Be Cheerful

The weather has been glorious here all week, which means I can spend more time outside in the garden. I love watching my outside space start to take shape as everything is beginning to burst with life again. My vegetable seeding has been done. I've seeded my spuds, carrots, parsnips, lettuce, cucumber, tomato's and rocket. I can't wait to see them sprout. 

The cockerel and the hens have been busy foraging and enjoying the sunshine. We have had a move around and have extended the hen house. I've had to section an area of the garden off, because my cheeky girls will dig up my newly seeded vegetables if I let them have free roam at the moment.


We also have two new additions to the Syder family, two baby chicks who the kids have named Tinkerbell and Chief. They are super cute and have made us all smile ever since they arrived.



It has been a lovely week for The Syders. How's yours been?



Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart


9 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! We are having a good week too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are indeed lots of reasons to be cheerful! Very cute baby chick and lovely smile. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great reasons, that must be great having hens roaming about x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that top pic, he is a handsome boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that chick is soo cute! we've been enjoying the sunshine too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to keep chickens but we haven't the space :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thats fab - I just love getting outdoors more. We are trying to make raised veg beds - slow progress with two little ones to tend to in-between, but your post has made me more determined. My husband is also desparate to keep chicks too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh the simple things are the best, have a great bank holiday, Mich x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...