Wednesday, 17 April 2013

The Gallery - Youth

Papa Syder and I were teenagers when we had our first baby. We were both 19 and even though we were young, we took to parenthood like a duck to water. I loved everything about becoming a Mum for the first time, including being pregnant. Even though I was initially disappointed that I had to have a C-Section instead of the home, water birth that I had planned, I turned it into a positive experience. 

Papa, has always been a brilliant Dad and our parenting has always been very much 50/50. He shared the night feeds, the dirty nappies, the washing, the cooking...everything. And because of the help I received from him I coped much better as a young Mum.

These days we are in our 40's and are Grandparents, but we look back on our more youthful days as young parents with fondness. This photo was taken way back in the early 90's with our eldest child and I would love to jump back into the photo and re-live my days as a youthful Mummy. I miss the days of having four kids tugging at me in four different directions. Exhausting but wonderful!

Youthful Parents






14 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful photograph. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pic. Always love to hear you talking about your husband - a real life love story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo :) I think there is definitely something to be said for being younger parents if you are both committed, as you two so clearly are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous photo! You have great genes too, you don't look at all older now! :)

      Delete
  4. I love this pic! The one thing that stands out in my memory from that time was how much you shared the parenting responsibilities, yours is a true partnership in every sense of the word xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful shot and a great testament and challenge to those people who believe that young parents are somehow a negative thing!

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youthful parents, youthful grand parents! What a lovely pic and post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful photo and memory x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful photo with lovely memories to go with it

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great moment to capture - I don't think I have one photo of us both with our children all together on a birthday - it's Ozzys 4th one soon so I'll be sure to x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your story is just wonderful and the atmosphere in that photo totally shows it. So nice to read about happiness. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love your gallery posts - they are always so meaningful. (I'll eat my hat if you aren't in the final six!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...