Wednesday, 3 April 2013

The Gallery - Together

I met Papa Syder way back in the winter of 1987. I was 17 and he was 16, it was love at first sight for both of us. The first time I saw him I told my friend "I'm in Love" and he told his Mum that I was the one he would marry. Neither of us had even uttered one word to each other. 

The following April we were an item and six weeks later we were engaged to be married. This month we celebrate 25 years together as a couple and in November we have been married 24 years. People said it wouldn't last.


We are soul mates. I truly believe that. I struggle to do anything without him, not because I can't but because I feel instantly lonely without him beside me. 

Our relationship has been tested over the years. We have fought a lot and loved a lot. We have laughed and cried, been through happy times and painful times. We separated for twelve months which made our marriage even stronger. We fought to be together and we won.


Its me and him, together. No one on this earth makes me laugh like he does, protects me like he does, or loves me like he does. He is not perfect, but he is perfect for me. Together Forever x

15 comments:

  1. That is a really encouraging post for me. Great words, love that second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww this is such a lovely post and such lovely pictures. I am a believer that things happen for a reason and things are just meant to be. It looks like you guys were just meant to be too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely post. Your quote about marriage is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our imperfections are what make us perfect. :) Happy Anniversary!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely - Happy anniversary, 24 years is forEVER!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely... Big anniversary, congratulations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post, you are definitely meant to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwh about the shame length of time as me x
    Congratulations x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Amazing! So cool you have been together for so long :) Great pics too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww so amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was just so lovely. I think the story of your love and relationship is such a role model - I admire how determined you have both been to work things through and stay together. Your love must run very, very deep. X.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always good to hear your love story! Great new banner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful, wonderful post x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...