Wednesday, 10 April 2013

The Gallery - Happy

When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
 ~ John Lennon

I love this quote by John Lennon. I remember as a child feeling just like this. When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I would tell them, either an insectologist or a fashion designer. It mainly depended on the season, and whether or not I had been sitting in my bedroom drawing or out in the garden collecting ladybirds. But, I remember always thinking to myself "I hope I am happy when I grow up"

I was very lucky that I had a great childhood and I was a happy kid, even remaining so, throughout my parents divorce, so I don't really know why it even entered my head at such a young age that my main ambition in life should be to become a happy adult.

I have reached my goal. I don't have a lot of money, but I am rich. I am rich in love. I do buy material things, but a lot of our money after bills, tends to go on building memories with trips out etc. I always try to see the positives in a situation rather than any negatives. Even during a very stressful time in my life when my Mum passed away and my marriage broke down, I managed to pull myself up and turn my life around, making it happier than it has ever been. It wasn't easy but I did it, because I was determined to succeed at being happy.


I often think about the meaning of a happy life and it really fascinates me how people are so different in how they would describe happiness, or what it is that makes them happy. 

 

The main thing that has made me happiest in my life is being a Mum (now a Nan too). I just love being a Mum, and now my kids are growing up and one by one flying the nest, I yearn to have them all pulling at my apron strings again. 

Being happily married, a Mum and a Nan is what I love most about my life. My Family make me Happy.



16 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post. My greatest wish is that my kids live happy lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like its been a real journey of ups and downs but guess that's the way life goes and I think people can only hope they come out happy on the other end. You do sound very happy now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, lovely post. Feeling a bit emotional! I did not know the John Lennon quote but I am unlikely to forget it now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely post. There is nothing like looking back and having happy memories of you're life, is there? You've made some very thought provoking points!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful words! You really have found your happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a lovely post... And something we can all do with remembering. We are all so lucky... xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree! Life is nothing if not a happy one, however much money, success and so on one has. And that is something you have instilled In your children, so future generations of Syders will be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post. Being a mum, although hard at times, definitely makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this - the photos and the words go hand in hand so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great post - and a great quote -thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really nice post. I suppose happiness does mean different things to different people, but I'm with you as long as my family are happy then I am too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your happy, smiley photos and I'm so pleased for you that you have found the happiness you always wanted

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post. I always seek happiness out and tend to see the best in everything. Being a mum is one of the most rewarding things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way you write!!! Another fabulous post - you sound like such a lovely person to have as a friend, and I really admire that you have your priorities on life so sorted - And happiness is the only way. (Love that John Lennon quote). X.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...