Thursday, 28 March 2013

Reasons To Be Cheerful

My week has been spent in my kitchen. This is the second week of the Syder kitchen re-fit and we are still not finished. We haven't done bad though, considering we are fitting it in around our work commitments, and Ive even managed to study for an OU assignment in between. I must admit though, I'm getting a little frazzled now. My house is in chaos and I'm struggling to find anything but I know it will be worth it in the end.


1. Even though I feel all upside down and I have a thick layer of dust everywhere, I am very grateful that I have a Hubby who is good at DIY and can put together a new kitchen. We really wouldn't have been able to afford to have a professional do it, and Hubby (and my Brother) are doing such a fabulous job. I'm very lucky.

2. I got 72% for the OU assignment that I submitted last week. I'm really pleased with that mark as I was convinced that I had failed it. It was a tough one, I pushed myself (after very nearly giving up, several times) and I succeeded, so I'm chuffed with myself.

3. I haven't gained any weight. My diet has been on hold as I've had no kitchen to prepare proper meals, and as we have been working up until 9pm most nights our meal times have been all over the place and I've been eating what I like, when I like, so for my weight to have remained the same, I am very happy.

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart


12 comments:

  1. Great reasons to be cheerful. Well done on your assignment. We had a new kitchen two years ago, also installed by hubby and a friend, I know what you are going through. It is worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the OU result Mama, keep going. I'm also studying and the amount of times I've nearly thrown my work out the window is, well a lot! The kitchen is coming on so well, well done to you all things will be just perfect within good time:) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots to be proud of, Mama, a lovely new kitchen ( almost!) fantastic news on the assignment, and the diet going well. Happy Easter to all of you! Allow yourself some chocolate. . . . . !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant reasons, well done on your assignment results, have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it will be so worth it when it's all completed, kitchen and OU work, how do you find the time for your own study and home educating your child, I would love to know I keep considering OU study and as I home educate 2 children I often wonder how I would find the time. Looking forward to piccies of new kitchen when completed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for your assignment. You have to keep going now. You are lucky that you have a husband who can do D.I.Y. also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your OU assignment, that's wonderful! I'm pleased that your kitchen is coming together, it's handy to have an other half who is good at DIY, saves bundles! Congrats on no weight gain! Have a lovely Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  8. With all you have got going on at the moment, I am amazed you have found the time to blog! Sounds like everything is coming along well though - so handy not to have to pay builders to do it. And well done on your course work! X.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely reasons to be cheerful! Although everything is upside down right now, it'll be worth it - a new kitchen!! Yay!! xx

    mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay to ou mark! Hope kitchen finished soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. successful week all round by the sounds of it, well done on the OU mark clever girlie xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...