Thursday, 21 March 2013

Reasons To Be Cheerful - The Kitchen Edition


I've had a busy week and due to a kitchen re-fit my house is totally upside down, but I feel happy and excited.


1) New kitchen re-fit - I hated my old kitchen, and finally after 3 years of living with it, we are putting in a new one. We are doing it on a budget of a £1000. We have scrimped and saved. We spent weeks researching the cheapest and best value kitchen suppliers and now its here, its all flat packed and Papa and I have been working together to fit it. We have sworn quite a few times, but the money we have saved by fitting it ourselves thrills me.



2) Mess - Upside down, chaotic mess. My kitchen is now in my lounge and I can't find a thing but I am happy because it means I have had a good clear out. So everything in the boxes will be used in my new kitchen. I got rid of everything I don't use. I love a good e-clutter, it always invigorates me.


3) Study - I'm studying for a psychology degree and last weekend an assignment was due in. An assignment that I really struggled with. In fact I was pulling my hair out. I wasn't the only one though as everyone on my course forum felt the same as me. The reason I am happy about this is because I really pushed myself with it, after very nearly throwing in the towel several times. I completed it and managed to submit it on time. Hooray!


Thanks to Seasider In The City for hosting another #R2BC while Michelle is having a break



9 comments:

  1. Nice reasons. I can really empathise as we had a new kitchen last year too. also i did some OU courses (years ago now) and I know what hard work it all is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, I hope you will share pics of your kitchen project when it is finished! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! I hope you enjoy being busy, because you most certainly are! Can't wait to see some pics of your new kitchen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can wait to see the finished pics of the kitchen. Well done on your coursework xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. very exciting and looks very stressful but I'm sure it will be worth it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh well done you with the kitchen - I hope you are going to post photos of the new one. And what a saving you will be making too! Can be so satisfying to have a good 'ole clear out. And another well done on your essay! X.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh I lov a kitchen refurb - we did ours in the summer and the step dad fitted it for us! looking forward to seeing some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a de-clutter and clear out to give you an energy boost. Well done for persisting with the assignment it sounds tough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been keeping up to date with your journey on Facebook!! You sound even more excited with each status update! Hope it is all going well... feel free to move onto my house next :OP x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...