Thursday, 7 March 2013

Cooking On A Budget - Onion Bhaji Burgers

Since the horse meat scandal I have gone right off minced beef. To be honest I have always been a bit 'funny' with meat and I have never liked to eat a lot of it. I do make our family favourites like meatballs with pasta and bolognese pizza but I have now become reluctant to buy minced beef, so I have been opting for more vegetable based recipes. One veggie favourite is onion bhaji burgers. They are really cheap to make and make a great alternative to a meat burger.


Ingredients - Makes 10 burgers (If your family prefer less spice then half the spice ingredients)

  • Two Large Onions, finely Chopped
  • Two Eggs
  • One Can of Chickpeas
  • 1 tsp of Ground Ginger 
  • 1 tsp of Ground Cumin
  • 1 tsp of Ground Turmeric
  • 1 tsp of Coriander leaf
  • 1 Red Chili, finely chopped
  • 4 tbsp Plain Flour
  • Spray oil
  • Wholemeal Rolls
Method
1. Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix up with a spoon.
2. Using your hands form the mixture into small balls and fry in a lightly oiled pan slowly on a low heat, turning to cook on both sides.
3. Flatten the burgers with your fish slice and cook gently for about 15 minutes.
4. Once crispy, serve with salad in a wholemeal roll.


4 comments:

  1. Oh yum Emma. This is right up my alley. I'm pinning this to definitely try.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super vege treat! Will try this for definite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of those... they look delicious too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These wound delicious and I know my boys would love these, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...