Since the horse meat scandal I have gone right off minced beef. To be honest I have always been a bit 'funny' with meat and I have never liked to eat a lot of it. I do make our family favourites like meatballs with pasta and bolognese pizza but I have now become reluctant to buy minced beef, so I have been opting for more vegetable based recipes. One veggie favourite is onion bhaji burgers. They are really cheap to make and make a great alternative to a meat burger.
- Two Large Onions, finely Chopped
- Two Eggs
- One Can of Chickpeas
- 1 tsp of Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp of Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp of Coriander leaf
- 1 Red Chili, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Plain Flour
- Spray oil
- Wholemeal Rolls
1. Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix up with a spoon.
2. Using your hands form the mixture into small balls and fry in a lightly oiled pan slowly on a low heat, turning to cook on both sides.
3. Flatten the burgers with your fish slice and cook gently for about 15 minutes.
4. Once crispy, serve with salad in a wholemeal roll.