My lot can be a bit 'funny' about eating fish. They all turn their noses up if I mention anything fishy for dinner. However, this pie goes down very well and the whole family enjoy it. It is taken from a Rosemary Conley cookbook.
Ingredients - Serves 6, 270 calories, 1.8g fat per serving, Cost £7.00
- 700g Smoked Haddock
- 700g Sweet Potato (or regular potato if you prefer)
- 2tsp Chopped Thyme
- 2tsp Chopped Parsley
- 2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 2tbsp Plain Flour
- 2tbsp Fat Free Natural Yogurt
- 450ml Skimmed Milk
- 150ml White Wine (use left over wine or water instead - I never buy wine just for a recipe)
- 3 tsp Course Grain Mustard
- 1 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat the oven 200c. 400f, Gas 6
2. In a large fry pan/wok add the garlic, thyme and 3 tbsp of the milk.
3. Sprinkle the flour into the pan, Stir quickly to form a roux.
4. Gradually add the remaining milk. Keep stirring.
5. Add the wine, mustard and parsley. Bring to a slow simmer.
6. Boil the potatoes, drain and mash. Add the yogurt and season with salt & pepper.
8. Pour the sauce over the fish and add the mash and spread out on top.
9. Cook in the oven for about 40 mins.
10. Garnish with lemon rind & some parsley.