Wednesday, 30 January 2013

The Gallery - Bond

We have been married for 23 years. It has sometimes been a rocky road... a very rocky road. We were teenagers when we met and have been totally obsessed with each other ever since. We loved, We fought. When we loved we really loved and when we fought, we really fought. We separated for twelve months, the year we lost my Mum. I fell apart and asked him to leave. He was devastated. I was angry, grief stricken and lashed out at him. I was relieved the rows had stopped but I missed him. I spoke to him on the phone almost every day. He told me he missed me too. We were still obsessed with each other. After a year apart we fell madly in love with each other all over again. We started a new life together. We changed. We realised that we needed to part in order to repair our marriage. We are now a very different couple. 


We have a bond that will never be broken. My Husband, My best Friend. The one and only love of my life.


The Gallery 


40 comments:

  1. Beautiful... My husband is my best friend too

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhh - god you both look so young to have been together 23 years. Sometims a break like that just brings you closer together and in a slightly different but stronger way. OH And I went through a similar thing for about 6 months and when we got back together we "got a move on with life". Really lovely pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I think a break can make you realise that you are meant to be together. Its lucky when it works. Glad to hear it did for you too x

      Delete
  3. You should be very proud! Love that photo! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your bond keeps growing and deepening and strengthening as the years go on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arr such a lovely post :)my husband reminded me the other day we've been together half our life, scary where time goes ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. The time just flies doesn't it x

      Delete
  6. That's so moving and uplifting - what a team you must be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post - and a good reminder that even when there is loads of love we all need to nurture our relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your honesty in this post. I guess we all have our ups and downs but to move away and get back together is quite an achievement. You have the real thing there :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post. I hope your husband has read it, a truly lovely tribute to your relationship.

    CJ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Im sure he will read it. He does read through the blog every now & then x

      Delete
  10. That was beautiful. A really powerful post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They say the course of true love never runs smooth. And by the sounds of it, yours is a true, true love. What a fabulous post honey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. May you continue to go from strength to strength! I married my first love and soulmate too, but we did wait 17 years before taking the plunge and get married, and another 5 before we lived in the same house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's lovely - we often forget about how important our other halves are and take them for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so lovely. I won't put 'lucky you' for finding you sole mate because don't think it's luck I believe it's Karma. Clearly you deserve to be so happy, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely to hear that what was obviously meant to be is back together for you two. Lovely picture too

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic post. So glad you are back together again and still going strong.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...