Monday, 28 January 2013

Magpie Monday

I didn't get much from the charity shop this week, although I was really pleased with my mini haul. I picked up a couple of fab books.


A low fat cook book to aid my weight loss. I keep looking out for good low fat cookbooks and I'm really pleased with this one, Rosemary Conley's, Step by Step, Low Fat Cookbook. Its a large hardback, full to the brim with yummy recipes. A bargain for £1!

My 13 year old is home schooled and she wants to be a writer, so she reads a lot and her favourite books at the moment are autobiography's. When I spotted this Ant & Dec one I knew she would love it. Only £1!

So, did you manage to pick up any bargains this week?




Me and My Shadow

8 comments:

  1. I got a set of 6 lovely Royal Doulton plates, see my blog http://wandawithme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ant and Dec love it! I found some b.e.auuuutiful glass tumblers, my mismatched glassware collection is coming along nicely, will post next week! The dining room looked great until Sunday when the children flooded the bathroom above and now we have water all down the walls! Not a great photo opportunity so will let it dry out then snap away for next Monday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ant and Dec book is a complete bargain!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bargain book finds! I've picked up some lovely cookbooks in charity shops, but could really do with some more low fat recipes. Need a bit of weight loss inspiration at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a rosemary connely diest years ago and it worked a treat!! Always buy my sons book in oxfam we have a dediated oxfam bookshop near us then (if he'll part) we return them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha don't Ant and Dec look young?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying to cut down on kids books as K's room is rammed but it's difficult not to buy them, especially when they are such a bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had good luck with some pretty lace linen, a bit discoloured, but will try the lemon juice trick, and will blog them if it's successful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...