Monday, 21 January 2013

Magpie Monday

I ventured out in the snow this morning to my local charity shop, half thinking that it would be closed due to bad weather. But, no its doors were open and the usual friendly old lady was behind the counter, chatting away as she always is. As I entered the shop, my eye was instantly drawn towards some retro tall glasses. £1.50 for four and perfect for summer BBQ's.


Then I had a browse through the book stand and spotted a guide book (complete with map) for Bruges. We are planning a trip there this year so I snapped it up for 50p. Then I picked up a great BBQ book for 50p, full of tasty ideas that I will use this summer. I also got a new packet of origami papers for my 13 year old Daughter, a bargain at 50p.


Me and My Shadow

8 comments:

  1. You're really thinking ahead with your purchases this week!

    The glasses look very incongruous in the snow. Lovely though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found some lovely glasses today to link up next week! Great find on yours! Love that we used the snow as a backdrop! ps think we have a similar fur coat, I've been wearing my Granny's faux fur all week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the glasses. Are these volunteers in these shops wonderful for turning up on a day like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a marvellous haul! Love those glasses. Enjoy Bruges, it's such a pretty city; the canals are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely worth the trip out! Lovely glasses and just great to find the very map you need x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glasses and I'm so pleased that you are going to Bruges. It's gorgeous! Although it's pretty violent and I'm not keen on that, I did enjoy In Bruges. Might be fun to watch before/after you go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super bargains. A trip to Bruges sounds lovely. Not been there since I was a teenager but it was fabulous.
    I have to admit, I do love working in a charity shop as I get to see the stuff upstairs before it's sorted and put on the shelves so I do get some great bargains sometimes xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bargain! Love those glasses, very retro! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...