Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Cooking On A Budget - Millionaire Shortbread

As you know I'm always looking for ways to make savings and cooking on a budget is essential for me with a large family like mine. Most meals in our home are on a budget, but we also like treats too and one of my most favourite treats that my Mum used to make was Millionaires shortbread. I always enjoyed making it with her and it is still one of my most favourite biscuits.


Ingredients

The Base
  • 55g Caster sugar
  • 115g Softened Butter
  • 170g Self raising flour
The Caramel centre
  • 397g Tin of condensed milk
  • 115g Butter
  • 115g Caster sugar
  • 2tbsp Golden syrup
The Chocolate Topping
  • 200g Plain Chocolate
  • 50g White chocolate
Method For Base
1. Line a baking tray with some grease proof paper and preheat your oven to 350/180/gas mark 4.
2. In a bowl cream together the base butter and sugar until it is nice and creamy. Gradually add the flour and mix with a spoon until it sticks together and forms a dough like consistency.
3. Using your hands spread the dough over your baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes or until it looks a light golden brown.

Method for Caramel Centre
1. In a saucepan empty the condensed milk, butter, sugar and golden syrup.
2. Bring to the boil on a low heat, stirring continuously.
3. It will start to thicken and turn a darker brown. Let it bubble for about ten minute's. Keep stirring.
4. Pour over the cooled base and spread.

Method For The Topping.
1. Melt the dark chocolate and pour over the cooled caramel.
2. Sprinkle the white chocolate over the dark to give a pattern.
3. Once cooled, cut into square pieces and enjoy.

*Sponsored Post

3 comments:

  1. That looks so good, I think I'll have to make it someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that look so yummy, Millionare shortbread is one of my favorites xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love this when I was little! I find it a bit sweet now, but will make it for others and just have a teeny taste! Love the Pyrex; I have a round one in that pattern, and a tiny one with a glass lid.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...