Papa Syder and I are watching what we eat. We are calorie counting and Ive lost 11lb in the first three weeks, so my cooking on a budget recipes will now be all low fat meals as we continue to lose weight. Just because I'm trying to lose weight it doesn't mean that I can't enjoy a burger every now and then, I just do it the low fat way. This weeks recipe is a very tasty, low fat minty lamb burger, and it works out approx £1 per burger.
Ingredients - Makes 8 Burgers, Calories per burger 237, Fat 7.8g - Cost £8.00
- 600g Lean minced lamb
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 4 tbsp dried wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 4 wholemeal rolls
- 2 large tomato's
- 4 tbsp low fat natural fromage frais
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- cucumber very finely chopped
2. With your hands mould the mixture into small round shapes. Put on a plate and leave to chill for 30 minutes.
3. In a large fry pan, spray some fry light or use some water to stop the burgers sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. While they are cooking, make up the relish in a bowl, by mixing together the yogurt, mint and cucumber.5. Flip the burgers over and continue cooking until browned on both sides. Make sure they are cooked through.
6. Serve inside a wholemeal roll, with sliced salad and relish.