Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Cooking On A Budget - Low Fat Minted Lamb Burgers

Papa Syder and I are watching what we eat. We are calorie counting and Ive lost 11lb in the first three weeks, so my cooking on a budget recipes will now be all low fat meals as we continue to lose weight. Just because I'm trying to lose weight it doesn't mean that I can't enjoy a burger every now and then, I just do it the low fat way. This weeks recipe is a very tasty, low fat minty lamb burger, and it works out approx £1 per burger.


Ingredients - Makes 8 Burgers, Calories per burger 237, Fat 7.8g - Cost £8.00
  • 600g Lean minced lamb
  • 1 finely chopped onion
  • 4 tbsp dried wholemeal breadcrumbs
  • 2 tbsp fresh mint chopped
  • Salt & pepper
  • 4 wholemeal rolls
  • 2 large tomato's
  • Cucumber
  • Lettuce
Relish
  • 4 tbsp low fat natural fromage frais
  • 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
  • cucumber very finely chopped
Method 
1. In a large bowl mix together the mince, onion, mint, bread crumbs and season with salt & pepper.
2. With your hands mould the mixture into small round shapes. Put on a plate and leave to chill for 30 minutes.
3. In a large fry pan, spray some fry light or use some water to stop the burgers sticking to the bottom of the pan.


4. While they are cooking, make up the relish in a bowl, by mixing together the yogurt, mint and cucumber.
5. Flip the burgers over and continue cooking until browned on both sides. Make sure they are cooked through.
6. Serve inside a wholemeal roll, with sliced salad and relish.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, they sound delicious. Well done on your weight loss, I'm going slowly, I've lost 3lb so far this year, and I'm more than happy with that.
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, Well done on your loss x

      Delete
  2. That looks yummy, even for someone trying to put on weight!!! I'm going to give that a try when i get a full working kitchen back!!! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound gorgeous Emma. I'm going to try them. (I normally just buy beef mince and always forget about the lamb. Will be in my shopping basket next time for sure.)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound tasty, they look so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the weightloss, keep it up, I have to start dieting too!
    The burger looks fab and with the recent burger scares, best to make your own too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...