Wednesday, 7 November 2012

The Gallery - Autumn


I love Autumn. I love the sudden change in atmosphere, the leaves on our trees turning from lush green to vivid shades of red, orange, yellows and burnt browns. Fruit ripening, vegetables harvested. I love walking through my little town and the sudden aroma hits me, the aroma of my neighbours lighting their fires for the first time. 


Smoke begins emerging from the rooftops, I snuggle into my warm coat and tuck my hands into my pockets. There is an exciting feel in the air, as if something is about to happen. Pumpkins begin to appear around every corner, an autumn mist greets me, a black cat prowls, Halloween is upon us, witches cackle and children squeal with delight.


I think of toffee apples, jack-o-lanterns, cosy fires, cuddles, crispy air and crunchy leaves.

I love Autumn.


15 comments:

  1. Love the depth in the photo of the mushrooms! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mushroom picture - great clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mama the colour in these photos is just beautiful! You only have to see them to know what season they represent! I like the mushroom one the most just because its unusual to see them that close up x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures! I love the toadstools!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos of the toadstools and the apples in the terracotta pots, could be on the front of greetings cards. Beautifully clear!

    Popping over from The Gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of those pictures I would have been proud to bursting but four - wow! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You love autumn... and it shows! You beautifully captured its elements and colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, colourful photos. I love autumn too, nothing like crunching through the leaves all wrapped up in winter woolies. You've inspired me to get out with the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, I particularly like that last one, I think we sometimes forget that autumn is a time of harvest as we all look towards winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos, full of autumn sentiment x.

    http://unfinisheduntitled.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-gallery-autumn.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow some amazing photographs there.. the toadstools look like they are having a little chat - lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mushrooms look amazing. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh lovely! I think the mushrooms and apples pics are fab!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...