This recipe is so easy. Not only is it super cheap to make but its also really tasty, filling and warms you up on those long, chilly winter evenings. You can make up your own dumplings, but I buy a packet mix from the supermarket. Its one I've always used and it makes the perfect fluffy dumplings.
Ingredients - Serves 6 - Cost £4.00
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- Few Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary, Chopped
- Half red chili
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 3 medium to large Carrots
- 2 Leeks
- 2 large or 4 smallish potatoes
- 1 can of Haricot Beans
- 1 tablespoon Plain Flour
- 600mls Vegetable Stock
- Packet Farmhouse Dumpling Mix
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C/gas mark 3.
2. Fry the onion, garlic and Chili in a large pan with some olive oil.
3. Add the leeks, carrots and potatoes, cook for ten minutes.
4. Stir in the flour.
5. Make up the stock in a jug and gradually add to the saucepan of vegetables. Keep stirring.
6. Add the haricot beans and the chopped rosemary.
7. Bring to the boil and simmer for ten minutes.
8. Empty the saucepan into an oven proof dish and pop in the oven, cook for 30 minutes.
9. Make your dumplings.