The Syders love their grub, especially over the Christmas period and Ive been doing a bit of festive baking today using new Clover Block. I really liked working with this stuff, as it is nice and soft straight from the fridge which saves time because you dont have to wait for it to soften, or if you are a bit impatient, you get no arm ache from mixing hard butter. I also really liked how my pastry turned out using this new Clover Block
A family favourite of ours, has got to be Fudge pie. If you like pie, fudge and chocolate then you will love this recipe. It takes about an hour and serves at least 8 people.
Ingredients for Pie Base
- 250 g plain flour
- 125 g butter
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 egg beaten
1. Place the flour, sugar and butter into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon
2. Gradually add the egg and mix.
3. Using your hands rub the mixture together into a fine breadcrumb consistency.
4. Add tiny amounts of warm water until the mixture begins to become a dough.
5. Kneed into a ball, wrap in cling film and pop into the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Grease a pie dish, roll out your pastry and line your dish, cutting off any access pastry. Cook for 10 minutes at 180°C/gas 4.
Ingredients for Pie Filling
- 170g Butter
- 100g broken dark chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 300g Granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 6 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract
- Tub of either whipping, double or squirt cream
- Bag of M&M's or smarties for decoration.
1. In a saucepan melt the butter and chocolate. Put to one side.
2. In a mixing bowl beat the eggs.
3. Add the sugar, flour and salt to the eggs. Whisk together.
4. Whisk in the melted chocolate. Add the vanilla extract.
5. Pour your filling into your prepared pie base. Cook for 30 minutes at 180°C/gas 4.
Once cooked leave to cool then add your cream to the top, chill for an hour (unless using squirty cream then leave adding your cream until you are about to serve). Add your Christmas decoration. Enjoy.
*This is a sponsored post