Monday, 1 October 2012

Magpie Monday - Lovely Pair of Jugs

Bit of a mixture this week for Magpie Monday. I got myself a nice pair of jugs (of the glass variety). The large one is great for keeping juice nice & cold in the fridge. It holds about a litre of juice and cost me £1.


The second jug is a smaller one, great for milk or maple syrup. I love it as its so retro looking. It was also £1.



I did some shopping on amazon for second hand books for my 12 year olds homeschooling. I was thrilled to get a good stash of books for £20 inc delivery.


Every now and then we get a power cut and I keep saying that I must get one of those candle holders that you can walk around with. I picked one up for £1, inc a pretty pink candle for 50p.


Did you get any bargains this week? Pop over to Lizzie's place and check out who did.

Me and My Shadow

10 comments:

  1. That candle holder is just the prettiest thing ever.

    Have to say it though - nice jugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the holder and candle great find x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice jugs ;) Amazon is good for selling books too, my OH has been flogging his old college books on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great jugs! I have a load of books I keep meaning to 'trade in' on Amazon, just need to find a big enough box and be bothered to haul them to the post office!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finds! The candle and stick are just right for a wandering the dark. And I echo the comments about nice jugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the candle holder, i always pick them up when i see them being sold cheaply, i have a collection on my landing windowsill for power cut emergencies (although i must admit i sometimes light the candles and turn off the lights just to pretend - so cosy!!)
    Aqeela xx

    (i participated in the magpie monday linky too)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No more jug jokes, though they are a great shape :)
    I'm just about to pop over to Amazon to have a look for some secondhand maths books for my son, so thanks very much for the reminder x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...