The all-new Harry Potter for Kinect video game exclusively on KINECT™ for Xbox 360® allows players to experience Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and the wizarding world like never before! Through the innovative KINECT capability, each player can scan their face to create a wizard avatar in their likeness – and then play as their avatar in the game. Using controller-free and voice recognition technology available only on KINECT, players will attend Hogwarts, interact with professors, students and friends, call out spells to cast against opponents, brew potions, and even fly as they race on broomsticks to be the first to catch the Golden Snitch in a Quidditch match.
· For the first time, create a witch or wizard character in your likeness that will become part of the gameplay through KINECT’s scanning technology.
· Experience unforgettable moments from all eight films -- from having your wand choose you at Ollivanders and being Sorted as a first-year student at Hogwarts, to battling You-Know-Who in a climactic wizard battle.
· Cast spells at your opponents by performing the proper casting manoeuvres and calling out spell names using KINECT’s controller-free and voice recognition capabilities.
· Hone your casting, brewing and duelling skills (among others) in class to unlock even more lessons and challenges.
· Challenge a friend in competitive mini-games, or join forces against a mutual opponent in co-op games.
· Jump, duck and dodge the wild branches of the Whomping Willow, swipe at annoying and sometimes dangerous pixies, repel terrifying Dementors, swim among Grindylows in the lake, and shove opponents out of the way as you soar above the Quidditch Pitch.
What Do We Think?
The initial set up of the game is a bit long winded, it does seem to take forever but don't let this put you off. Persevere with it because it really is a good game. You can add your own face to the character in the game, which the kids thought was funny and a little different from the other Kinect games they have.
The game follows all eight of the Harry Potter books, so if you are fans then this game is a must have. The graphics are impressive and give the players a really magical experience. What we like about Kinect games are that they are physical games, whereas the player has to move about a bit rather than just sit on the sofa. The Harry Potter game varies physically from level to level.
Bottom Line - Would we recommend it?
Yes, If Santa left this game under the tree this Christmas the recipient wont be disappointed. Good, fun game.
Available to buy from GAME and other good stockists
*We were sent a copy of the Harry Potter for Kinect game free of charge for the purpose of this review. We did not receive any financial reward and as a family we give an honest and unbiased opinion.