Pizza is usually a family favourite in our house and I know you can pick up ready made ones really cheap from the supermarket, but a fresh homemade one is much tastier, more filling and really easy to make.
Ingredients serves 6 - Meal Cost £8.40 (inc garlic baguettes & corn cobs)
For the pizza base
- 225g of self raising flour
- 90 mls of warm water
- 50 mls of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
Method For Base
2. Gradually add the water & olive oil and mix until it forms a dough.
3. kneed the dough on a lightly floured work surface for a few minutes, then roll out into whatever shape you like and place on a baking tray.
4. Put to one side.
Ingredients For Bolognese Topping
- 500g minced beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 tin of chopped tomato's
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- tomato puree
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- grated cheese
Method for topping
1. Gently fry the onion and garlic
2. Add the mince meat and fry until browned
3. Add the pepper & sweetcorn (and any other ingredients you may like ie; mushrooms, carrot, chillies etc)
4. Add the puree and the tinned tomato's.
5. Simmer for a few minutes, then leave to cool.
6. Once cooled spoon onto your pizza base and top with grated cheese.
7. Pop into the oven gas mark 7 or 220 degrees for about 10 minutes.
I served our pizza with garlic bread and corn on the cobs (the kids love these). Another successful meal that the whole family all enjoyed.