Friday, 14 September 2012

Thinking of Mum



Last Friday was the 6th anniversary of losing my Mum to cancer. Its weird to think of that date as an anniversary because I associate the word anniversary with celebration and it just doesn't seem to fit right. I remember people telling me back in 2006 that 'time heals' and the excruciating pain I first felt, will lessen. They were right, to a certain extent it does get easier as the years fly by, but it also becomes more frustrating. 

I find myself more & more frustrated that I can't just pick up the phone and speak to my wise ole Mum. I miss her voice more than ever, even her cranky or bossy voice is missed so much. Even when she was wrong, she was so right (if that makes sense). Mum made a few mistakes and she wasn't a perfect Mum but she was a hard worker, a good provider, a fighter, a genuine and positive role model, she was the most honest, loyal person I have ever known and even during testing times she never lost her principles, her values or her morals.


So as we enter into our seventh year without Mum I'd like to say how proud I am of all she achieved.
My Special Mum, I love & miss her so much.

5 comments:

  1. Hugs to you Mama, I understand your feelings.

    I'm slowly approaching my dad's anniversary so he's more to the forefront of my mind than at other time of the year.

    He ballsed up his own life so magnificently that I know we'd sit and laugh so much looking back on the mess he made. I miss him, he was a good man, the best tickler I know and could give a brilliant hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nearly 30 years since I lost my daddy, and I miss him still, especially when I wish I could show him or tell him things. Luckily my Mummienis alive and well, and I treadi the time I spend with her. Thinking of you all...... Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this feeling all too well. Things do get a bit easier as time goes on but I too feel that my mum is missing out on even more as each year goes on. Its not easy. Sending you hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending love honey. Today would have been my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary. They had a hall booked and planned a big family party.
    Instead, we have mum-in-law staying with us, because we lost my lovely dad-in-law 13 months ago to asbestosis.
    It's hard not to think about all the things you would have been doing, if your loved one was still here.
    But I guess we have to treasure what we did have, and be grateful there was so much love in our lives.
    And by the way, you look so much like your mum.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so with you on this. I received an email reminding me it was Mum's birthday next week. It has really upset me. I miss her more and more each day

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...