The world of gifts has vastly expanded over the past decade with the ability to order neat, quirky and unique gifts online, and we're doing so in significant numbers. Research shows that during the first six months of 2011, we spent in the region of £31.5bn for goods and services online in the U.K. which is an increase of 19% on the same period of 2010.
The benefits are clear. It's quick, convenient and we can do it 365 days of the year, so is it really any wonder that we're flocking to the Internet to shop? The current economic climate is a factor, with people hunting out bargains in an attempt to save money in all areas. Cheaper goods can often be found online, with average savings of 15% over the high street.
The range of gifts available is enormous, allowing us to shop for birthday cakes for delivery, wedding gifts, anniversary presents, Christening and Christmas gifts and all manner of other special occasions. The list just goes on and on.
So what's out there? What's popular? What's on-trend? We thought we'd seek out our top five most original, precious and truly memorable online gifts for women.
1. A photo book is a wonderful idea which you can create yourself for your mum, daughter, sister or grandmother. Use family photos to produce an incredible keepsake which will be treasured forever.
2. Send a message to a loved one with a bespoke poetry scroll. Whether celebrating an anniversary, wedding or a significant birthday, the gold embellished parchment tied with a silky ribbon is contained in a scroll box for safe keeping.
3. What lady doesn't like to be pampered? So show someone just how special they are by booking them a spa day with all the revitalising relaxation it brings.
4. A favourite picture of children, grandchildren or a treasured family portrait looks amazing on a large photo canvas taking pride of place at home.
5. Put the fizz into someone's special celebration with a personalised bottle of Champagne and chocolates. A first class idea delivered first class.
With so many gifts to choose from online it is no surprise your loved ones will always feel special.
* Disclosure Policy