Wednesday, 18 July 2012

The Gallery - Trains, Planes and Automobiles


This weeks theme for the Gallery is transport, I immediately thought of my time growing up and my Dad's love of motors.

From a young age he was always tinkering about with a car and during my childhood we had every car you can imagine from e-type jags, TR6's & 7's, sporty MG's to American Cadillacs and my particular favourite a Transam Thunderbird.


My mum was a very patient woman as Dad spent hour after hour, day after day, week after week down his garage bringing back to life another beauty.

Dad had a real love for Mini's and we usually always had one being restored to its former glory down the garage and he did one especially for Mum. This little green sporty mini brings back loads of memories for me of Mum taking me and my Brothers out on day trips, usually down to Southend sea front. I remember on the way sitting in the back singing "I can see the sea" and giggling excitedly. On the way back having sand in between my toes, sunburn on my nose and buckets full of shells.


That retro green mini was a very loved little motor that shared some good times with me and my Mum.

15 comments:

  1. Those are some supercool cars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cars, lovely choice of photos for the gallery x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these photos make me so nostalgic x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pictures!

    Herding Cats & Beneath Thy Feet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant photos, reminds me of photos I have of me and my mum with the Morris Minor we had when I was small!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it is so nice to see older photos. Fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos. I was very tempted to use a picture of my Grandma and a car she won in the 70s this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos. I bet this theme brough back some fab memories for you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely memories you have of your Dad's motors! And what classic cars they are too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The zodiac brings back memories as my friend Caroline's father had one. We had a two -tone blue Vauxhall Victor with an armrest in the back we always fought over! 60 / 70 s cars are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic collection of cars and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fab pictures. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photographs, and some lovely memories. Emma x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...