Monday, 18 June 2012

Magpie Monday

As a lot of you know I have a real 'thing' for retro thermos flasks. Papa and me often fill a flask of tea and go sit down by the river. I have no idea where this love comes from but everytime I see one I struggle to resist buying it. I do control myself but sometimes I see one that I just have to have, like this vintage co-op one.


It cost me £4. I love the blue colour and the fact that it is made from tin gives it that extra retro look.



Next I spotted a really pretty Pareek bowl for £1 that I love. The yellow is stunning.


Not sure how old it is but it looks to me like a 1930's/40's art deco design and the flower print is still so lovely & bright.


The Lovely Liz is sunning herself in Portugal this week so Lulastic and the Hippyshake is hosting this weeks Magpie Monday

Me and My Shadow

6 comments:

  1. Oooh I love them. The yellow is so pretty :)
    I am sure my dad used to have a flask like that, that he took to work with him,
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flask and bowl are both very cool. I love the Co-op branding on the flask and the bowl is _so_ pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, YES, that flask is AMAZING! I have a couple of retro flasks but really only for show because I don't really like the taste of flask tea. It kind of as a bit of a weird tinge, no? Maybe you have a trick to good flask tea?
    Love the plate too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only drink coffee from my flask but it's a must on a Sunday morning when I have to take kids to sports stuff!

    Gorgeous bowl too, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little bowl - so pretty! Things always tate nicer eaten from a special receptacle!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...