Thursday, 24 May 2012

Reasons To Be Cheerful

It has been a funny ole week here at The Syders. The end of last week something happened at my Daughters School that confirmed my fears that she isn't in a safe environment there. I've had serious doubts about the school ever since I pulled my eldest Daughter out three years ago. I decided to give the school a chance with my youngest and to be honest its been one failure after another, such a disappointment because I was hoping it would work out. However, I still have reasons to be cheerful this week.

1) The home school issue was a decision that we haven't made overnight. I had reservations as to whether or not I'm cut out for the job because she is so much younger than my eldest was when we started homeschooling. However, our first week has proved very successful and we are really enjoying each others company and as the week has progressed so has my Daughters attention, concentration and eagerness to learn. 



2) The sunshine! It has been beautiful here in Essex. We are lucky enough to live on a river so we have the option to cool off in the evenings by going for a nice stroll. Its really lovely along the front as everyone has been celebrating this warm spell.


3) My Veggies are growing fantastically and all my lilies have started poking through the soil. My garden is looking colourful, at last and started to look lovely for our Sons upcoming 21st celebrations. We have built a campfire tripod from recycled materials ready to cook on the night of the party. We are very excited.






Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart



6 comments:

  1. Glad you have found reasons to be cheerful despite the school problems - well done for taking control of the situation.

    and I love the campfire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that things weren't going well at your daughter's school, but I am very excited for you and the homeschooling adventure! Looking forward to hearing how it goes! And to hearing how the party goes! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the school hassles. We have them with our eldest and it is a constant worry. I would love to home-school in some ways but don't think I have the skills and would not want to get it wrong. I admire you for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about problems at school. Your schooldays really should be the happiest of your life, as you are learning to be the person you will be as well as all the academic business. Well done you for taking on the role as teacher as well as Mummy - you will do brilliantly, as your elder girl will surely testify!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love the campfire, so glad you have R2BC :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh how fab is your cookpot! Good luck with the home ed, should be fab. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...