Thursday, 10 May 2012

Reasons To Be Cheerful

We have had so much rain here in the UK over the past few weeks that I'm actually starting to wonder if we are going to get a summer this year, however there are still reasons to be cheerful this week.

1) In spite of all this rain I have been working in the garden and everything is springing to life. I love my garden so much and get such a thrill each year at this time as my garden becomes more & more established.


2) We will be celebrating our middle Son's 21st birthday over the Jubilee weekend so it will be a double celebration. I'm sooooo excited about it as I make plans for super BBQ. We will be have a campfire and I'm planning on cooking on a dutch oven pork in apple cider sauce, then finishing the evening off with toasted marshmallows. Can't wait, so praying for the rain to please stop.


3) We had a small break in the rain and the sun beamed down on us so we went for a lovely long walk. I love where I live and feel so grateful to live a rural life and have stunning countryside on my doorstep.

Linking up to #R2TC over at Mummy From The Heart

12 comments:

  1. those puddles look like stepping stones, too tempting to resist jumping in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your garden. At least everywhere looks lush and green at the moment, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful garden, you must work really hard on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks so lovely. Hope the rain stops long enough for us all to enjoy the great outdoors a bit more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great reasons to be cheerful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! I think gardens look so fresh after the rain. Have you received the gardening book yet.? I sent it last Thurs first class. Geraldine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ladies xxx

    Geraldine, no I havent received it - What a shame, hope it still turns up. Im wondering if the post office is under staffed at the mo because our post has been coming much later recently xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your garden is beautiful!!! I'm Welsh so I'm used to summer being a washout LOL Sounds like you'll have a wonderful weekend over Jubilee with your plans

    ReplyDelete
  9. MY GOSH. You could have just posted that picture at the end and called this assignment a day! That view is enough to be thankful for every week of every year the rest of your life!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pictures. I want your garden! And that barbecue sounds like it'll be the barbecue to end all barbecues!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fabulous reasons to be cheerful. Your garden looks great - and I love the photograph of the puddles at the bottom. You always take such good pictures for your blog - when I see them I feel inspired to get my camera out too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing pics of your garden, it always looks so homely. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...