Wednesday, 23 May 2012

The Gallery - Picture Postcard

This weeks Gallery is a really difficult one because I have taken so many 'picture postcard' photo's that it is really hard to choose which ones to use.

So I'm going with my favourite place in the whole World - Appledore in North Devon. I know, I know, I've told you a hundred times before what this place means to me. It healed my my broken heart after losing my Mum, as we lived there for 12 months shortly after she passed away suddenly to Cancer. As you can see the view from my bedroom window was breathtaking, it instantly calmed me down and eased my anxiety.


We walked daily, unless the weather was bad. After school we would grab our buckets & nets and head for the rock pools.


Even the dog enjoyed the views.


Everywhere you look in Appledore is picture postcard. It really is the most beautiful place with an amazing local beach.


Yeah, I know what you are thinking "Why move away then?". Well, We missed our eldest Son who was back in Essex and we were missing out on our Granddaughter growing up who was also here. We do miss the beach & the views but we are lucky enough to live in another picture postcard place, still on the water,  still a gorgeous place to live and we get lots of quality time with our Granddaughter. 






16 comments:

  1. I knew as soon as I clicked on your name, a photo of Appledore would greet me. I almost used a photo I took there too!
    It is a beautiful place and your photos show it off so well. Awww great memories for you, I know.
    The scenery where you live now is also lovely though xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Thanks Jenny! I always appreciate and love it when you post any photos from that neck of the woods. Such a wonderful place xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been to Appledore but it looks like a great place to raise kids, if only for a year. I suspect a little piece of you will always be there with your Mum...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous picture, especially the last one. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous photos, all of which would be perfect for postcards. What a view in that first one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special place. And lovely photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous picture postcards! I can understand why you miss it. The light is just beautiful there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! We forget sometimes that we don't need to go abroad to enjoy beautiful beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely collection of postcards - and the last one is just amazing. England at her finest x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful pics, as usual! I grew up on the Dorset coast, and love to go back and visit my Mummy and get some sea air. I see myself retiring by the sea when I get too old to enjoy London!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful photos. I love the sunset. I can tell this place is very special to you.
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those were beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an amazing view. I wouldn't mind waking up to that every day. My fav pic is the last one, gotta love sunset photos x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photographs are wonderful. I've never heard of appledore but I think I'm going to make the effort to make a trip there now. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't seen Appledore yet and it is now firmly on my list for next visit to Devon, beautiful memories x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...