Friday, 30 March 2012

Tots 100 Film Club - Black Beauty

tots100 parent bloggers film club 
Was you a little girl or boy who grew up on the classic story of Black Beauty? I was, and as a child I watched it on TV all the time so when Tots100 film club sent me a copy of the classic Black Beauty to review I was really excited to watch it. Considering I'm a complete movie addict, I wondered why I hadn't watched this film before. Then as I saw Papa's eyes roll when I suggested he sit an watch it with me I suddenly realised exactly why. Its a real chick flick and one that I'm not sure Dad's or older boys would enjoy all that much.

 

Full of horsey drama that had me on the edge of my seat just as it did when I was a child. And yes, I did cry. If you love horses then you will sob your heart out when you watch this movie. A beautiful, timeless adaptation of Anna Sewell's classic 1877 novel of the famous Black Stallion. The narration of the film is told through the thoughts of the horse detailing his birth, his life and his opinion of humans which makes it particularly moving to watch.

Bottom line - Would we recommend Black Beauty?
Yes, us girlie's loved it although maybe not one Dad would enjoy. Children who are very sensitive may find the film upsetting so just bare that in mind before you put it on.


Big Thanks to Tots100 Film Club for sending us this movie to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...