Monday, 6 February 2012

Thrifty Garden - Tea Cup Bird Feeder

Pin It
Since I became addicted to Pinterest I have been inspired to make quite a few things. As a crafty person I'm always on the look out for my next project and when I read that Kerry was going to start up a #pinaddicts linky for all those pins that we are dying to make I was excited to join in. 

My first entry is a Giant tea cup bird feeder. I had one of these cups already in my garden that I usually plant flowers in and as it sits empty all winter it may as well be put to better use as a feeder for the birds. 

The original pin is here

The original tutorial is no longer on the site for some reason or maybe it has just been moved. However the feeder is very easy to make and this is how I did it... 


I drilled a hole through the bottom centre of the cup and the saucer...


We then screwed it to an old post that we had in the garden and attached a square piece of ply to the bottom which stabilises the post.



We buried the bottom of the post under the soil and put a few stones on top to secure it in place.



The bird feeder is then ready to be filled with seed of your choice.



This feeder ideally  is better for bigger birds. We have a different feeder for the smaller birds that visit our garden. 


LifeAsIKnowIt


Pop over to Kerry's place at Life as I know it and check out the other #pinaddicts

17 comments:

  1. Great idea, nicer looking than the usual wire type feeders and I'm sure the birds love them, will have to keep my eye out for some giant tea cups :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really sweet and different, a great talking point in the garden! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that! What a super make, love the way the dog's trying to get a look in. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. Anything different and decorative for the garden gets a thumbs up from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea. It looks fab! I might have to give this one a go when the weather gets a bit warmer outside!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just amazing!! I love it! Thanks so much for entering :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! what a great make. does your dog wait for what's dropped off the bird feeders too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinned!! that's That cup looks huge with your granddaughter clinging onto it! I think its a lovely use of an old mug x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks fab - much more interesting than the feeders in the shops. I love your fence by the way, am on the lookout for ideas for a fence to seperate the end of my garden! x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this - looks fab. I have only just started working out pinterest so I'm not joining in this month but hopefully I will be able tpo next month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely - made me think of a post on my blog from ages ago, tried to pin it for you here:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/102738435219235423/

    Mrs T xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is lovely, so much more creative than any feeder I've seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mama Syder, this is awesome! I'm going to try and make one of these for mother's day I think! Smith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic idea! I'll have to make one of those, my birds would love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love Pinterest don't we?!!! What a great idea...... your dog is nice too! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is completely awesome! I love your giant one more than the original. I am definitely stealing this puppy

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...