Thursday, 16 February 2012

Reasons to Be Cheerful

It has been a really happy week here at The Syders mainly because it is half term but other reasons that I have to be cheerful are:

1) Our Granddaughter is staying with us for a half term visit. We all look forward to the school holidays for this reason. She brings us so much Joy and she is so funny. 
A few days ago She turned to Grandad and said "Its my birthday tomorrow Grandad" (Its actually in November) So Grandad said "I thought you already had your birthday when you was six" Her reply "Doh, No Grandad I'm going to be nine when I wake up!" So Grandad came home from work the next day with a birthday cake and we all sang 'Happy Birthday'. I know we shouldn't encourage 'fibs' but her face was such a picture, She looked at us as if to say  "Did you lot actually believe me!" So funny! x


2) I re-joined Slimming World last night. Is dieting a reason to be cheerful? Maybe not, but my dream weight is. The other day when I was sorting through old photo's for this weeks Gallery I found this one of me before I gained weight. It was taken in 2004. I've now stuck it to my fridge as an incentive.


3) My bedroom wallpaper finally turned up. It was out of stock for ages. Once the kids are back at school I'll put it up. Can't wait!


So hows your week been? 

This week Michelle's  #R2BC is being hosted over at Seasider in the City.

10 comments:

  1. Ah she's a cutie!! LOL We're having a lovely half term too. I love having the children home! They've had friends over, done baking, saw The Muppets & today we're going swimming! I can't believe it's Friday tomorrow :o) But we still have 4 days before they go back to school so I'll have to make sure they're as much fun as the last 4!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that wallpaper, I bet it will look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with joining slimming world, best thing I have ever done! Good idea about the photo too, but I don't have one of me thin to inspire! I've been fat for far to long! lol
    However did lose 4 stone last year, so am getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the wallpaper. Well done on lovely reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In love with your wallpaper and the pic is lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely granddad :) and love the wall paper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story about your grandaughter, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the diet :) This week has gone so fast! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that wall paper - can't wait to see it up. well done going back to Slimming World. It's so not easy to lose weight - I'm struggling big time myself - so best wishes. I might follow your lead and up some photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great reasons and wishing you lots of luck with Slimming world x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...