Monday, 20 February 2012

Listography - Top 5 Things That Make Me Happy

This weeks Listography is following on from Kate's Blog Hop The Happiness Project. I really enjoyed joining in with that and reading what made everyones kids happy. Some of the answers were really entertaining and sweet. So this week its our turn. I have the obvious things like my Family, crafts, gardening and my chickens but I have other things that make me happy too. So Five things that make me Happy are:

1) My Family - I know its an obvious one and I think Kate is looking for everything but the obvious. However my family are my main pleasure in life and I love their company. My Hubby of 23 years, our four kids and our Granddaughter, I count my blessings every day and truly appreciate every second I spend with them. They are Awesome!


2)  The Sea. I have always loved the seaside and I think that's because my Mum did. Everyday during the school summer holidays of the 1970's, early 80's Mum would squeeze us into her green Mini Cooper and fly down the A127 towards Southend. She would sit there all day, watching us play, eating hard boiled eggs and oranges. Just before we went home we would be allowed an ice cream. As an adult being beside the sea totally calms me down and relaxes me. I Love it!


3) Summer Barbeque's - I love Summer time mostly because it means I can sit out in my garden to eat. We always enjoy a good barbie. There is just something about barbecued food isn't there.


4) Our Open Fire - Apart from Christmas the good thing about winter is lighting our open fire. Its so cosy to sit beside a roaring fire with the wind and rain pounding outside. Having a real fire makes me happy.


5) Drinking coffee from my flask - I just love coffee on the go!


What makes you happy?

Linking up to Kate's Listography.

15 comments:

  1. Ooh what a good idea to take a flask of coffee out! Family is goof to be on mine too! (Sorry Kate!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, never even thought of listing the sea side or barbeques, which is silly as I love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photography and the sentiment in this post is awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flask things always taste better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sea, barbeques and open fires all remind me of visiting my parents. That makes me happy too. :) Love your list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could just about agree with all of those Mama (except the fireplace - not needed where I am). I love my thermos and always take it with me where I go and I love the beach too, as you would if you lived where I do.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I love open fires - don't get many, well any, in Singapore :(



    Also on twitter @mummytweets

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I do like your list. Another Singapore resident here so no open fires either but I do miss them. I love the ocean and we try and have as much time in or beside one as possible. I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your list just gave me a fuzzy feeling... all your choices are really heart-warming! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my lord your telly is HUGE! Lovely list of happy things - although number 4 made me sad as I no longer have an open fire and love them dearly *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sea too! I was lucky enough to have a flat on the seafront for 2 years when I was at Uni - perfect view every morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely list, nice family related ones. I love your pictures too, especially the one of the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think some of your list makes me happier than some of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah this is such a lovely list :-) Your photos are gorgeous too. I get a similar sense of calm at the sea, I think it's that rhythmic swoosh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your list, i can relate to them all (apart from i'd prefer tea :D )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...