Wednesday, 15 February 2012

The Gallery - Embarrassing Outfits

This weeks Gallery is going to be an interesting one. I can't wait to have a giggle over everyones embarrassing outfits. Being a 70's child I have quite a few like the horrible dresses my Mum would make me wear in the 70's and the famous 80's perm. However I find the most embarrassing era for me was the 90's and not long ago my eldest Brother tagged me this photo on facebook and I couldn't stop laughing. I'm standing 2nd from the right in the long black dress.

 ( From left to right - My Brother and his Wife, Me and my Mum)

What was I thinking! 

Papa bought me this dress for my birthday from Walthamstow market in around 1993 (ish) So I was about 23. I loved the dress so much, it was ultra trendy. What I'm dying to go back and ask myself is "What's going on with the tan????" 

My face is pure white, arms and legs brown but my feet and ankles are pure white. Back then I foolishly used sunbeds so I don't know how the hell this happened or why I walked around like that. Still it gave me a giggle.


Linking up to Tara's Gallery

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant. I always had an odd tan as I tend to cober up inthe sun and the only bits that get exposed are my arms and face. The rest of me is lily white. I must look very odd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I think I had that very same dress or one similar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen worse Mama. The 70's were really cruel, weren't they? My Mum made us wear the most ridiculous outfits but at the time I thought I was 'it and a bit'. Long dresses, hot pants, paisley prints. Wait! Isn't that the fashion now! (You still look fabulous!)

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually really like the dress! I think the white stitching lifts the 'all-black'ness and the belt is cool. For me, it would have to button up further down the leg. I think you look great! I see what you mean about the tan, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you wear socks bobbysocks a lot?! i quite like the dress too (showing my age)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol the tan is the funniest part of that photo. I remember having dresses like that, I was about 16 then. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are far worse 90's outfits. At least you avoid the fluorescent orange and lime green stage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the white feet are hilarious! I don't think the dress is that bad. Why are you all in black? I think this photo goes to prove if you wear black it sort of always looks ok, sort of!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah yes, we do think we're pretty cool when we're that age don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It gave me a giggle too! :) As far as the dress is concerned, there is a lot worse, but the tan problems makes the whole photo funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd have said that was fake tan you'd put on! Or were sunbeds that short your feet and head would hang out them??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I had a dress like that! Love the tan though, that's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I darent even get my old photos out *cringe* not good. Thanks for sharing you brought back some great memories and made me smile xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...