Saturday, 7 January 2012

Listography - Five Bests

 This week Kate is asking for our five bests and here are mine...

1) My Best Friend - Is my Hubby. I met him for the first time in 1987 and by March 88 we were the best of friends. We instantly clicked and have been best friends ever since. My world is a very lonely place when he isn't next to me. People used to tell us that we had an unhealthy relationship because we spent so much time together...they were so wrong. I love every second I spend with him.


2) My Best second hand buy -The shop I use the most (apart from my local charity shop) has to be ebay. I love the second hand bargains I manage to pick up from there, especially in the Home section. My best buy from there was our corner sofa. I bought it about four years ago for £160 from a couple on ebay who were emigrating. They had paid £1000 for it from Ikea only the year before and was like new, I love it.


3) My Best Place - Appledore, North Devon. A place of healing. We spent 12 months here not long after losing my Mum. It healed my broken heart and will always be a special place for me.


4) My Best Flower - Roses are my favourites although Hydrangeas are a very close second and last year I planted four of them in my garden.


5) My Best achievement - My four Kids - I love being their Mum.


Linking up to Kate's Listography

19 comments:

  1. Love your lounge, very funky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great list Mama. Certainly a lot to be proud of.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking into your world - so glad you joined in. That first photo is fantastic. How lucky to have met and married your soul mate so young. Wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I am going to have to get my eyes tested though as I thought it said Five Beasts at first! Emma :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your living room looks fabulous. The kind of colourful yet cosy look I'd hope to create when I eventually get my house sorted out.
    So touched to hear about your close friendship with your husband. How a life together should be.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That couch looks so cozy! You need a big one for such a big, lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. I love your lounge and know I have said that before. Must visit that Devon place too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list MamaSyder! I think i love every single one and yet again you have made me very envious of your beautiful front room. The photo of you and the hubby is gorgeous by the way X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great top 5! I have to agree with No1 - my husband is my best friend too - and we met in the 80s as well. And Appledore looks gorgeous! just the place to have some R&R. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your living room is SO inviting, I smiled when I saw it. And your family is lovely, congrats on being a Nana!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many times I read your blog & see we have more things in common! I love Appledore too! Had an aunt & uncle in Braunton & spent a lot of my childhood in the surrounding areas including Appledore! And the picture of you & Papa....well you were just made for each other, weren't you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been thinking about putting shelving up in our alcoves- did you do yours yourself? Where did the wood come from- they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for everyones lovely comments...I really appreciate them x

    Katie - the shelves are driftwood that Hubby collected washed up from our local river. They have to be dried out and sanded down but are so perfect for a rustic look x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list.
    I love your best achievement and the fact that people say you spend too much time together - it is because they can't stand to be together so much with their partners.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely List. Beautiful photo of you and your husband too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post - love the pics and the bit about your husband and kids - you've a lot to be proud of :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely post. Great pic of you and your hubby, as well x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...