Wednesday, 25 January 2012

The Gallery - My Photography Resolutions


I have always loved photography. From as far back as I can remember I would flick through my Mum's old photo's. I loved to see photo's of my Mum and Dad when they were young. Dad wearing his parker and funny hat looking cool sitting on his scooter. Mum looking like a model, fresh faced and beautiful...I hoped I would one day, be just like her.


The photo's of my parents are important because they show us who they were. Dad carefree and wild...Mum placid and shy. These two photo's sum up their personalities perfectly. They make me realise how important photo's of ourselves are to our kids. That one day they might want to look back at photo's of me and they probably wont find that many because I'm always the photographer. It's my hobby, my camera. 



So as much as I hate to be in front of the camera rather than behind it, my photography resolution for this year is to step in front of it a lot more and record me being part of this life. How about you, do you have any photography resolutions?

Linking up to The Gallery over at Sticky Fingers.

14 comments:

  1. I love your photos, especially that first one, so fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics - love the mirror (or whatever it is) one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a sucker for an old family photo. One day your kids will thank the heavens that you got in front of the camera too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab pics - wow your mother is a true beauty!

    Do you have chicken? How cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you in the picture and made me miss my chicken too. I would love you to join the new group on Britmums Charity Connections -Blogging It Forward http://www.britmums.com/group/charity-connections-blogging-it-forward

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is mine too, good luck and don't be shy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pic of you and your chicken. I should resolve to get more pics of me and chickens, I don't think there are any in existence :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very wise words indeed! I have very few photos of my mum when she was younger as it wasn't the thing to take photos then and like you I am always the one behind the camera! That is going to have to change! Lovely post btw

    ReplyDelete
  9. the photos of your mum and dad are so cool - as in they look cool because of the era in which they were taken and the fact they are black and white. you are one brilliant mum and grandma (nanny?) and you should step out from behind the camera and be the subject for a change and i look forward to eyeing more of YOU this year xx
    ps. you look a lot like your mum x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos! You are right, I wish I had more photos of me and my Gran so I'm making sure I'm taking plenty of me with my kids and me and my mum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate having my photo taken :( There's not one picture of me & OH after 23 years..... that's terrible isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a good point! I spend hours filing away family pictures in albums, and I am in so very few of them. Which is good for me, I hate pictures of myself, but the kids might like to look at them one day! Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's a good resolution to have so your kids can do the same thing looking back at photos of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to step in front of the camera too but I always look rough! And I haven't quite found my 'best' side!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...