Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Fans rush to Stratford to watch Bieber switch on the Christmas lights...

and we were there!


I know, I know I must be mad but look at their excited faces, it made it so worth jumping on a train into Stratford so the girls could support the young star. The things we do for our kids eh!


The moment we heard that Justin Bieber was switching on the Christmas lights at the new shopping centre in Stratford we knew the girls wouldn't stop nagging until we agreed to take them. In fact they were running around the house jumping up and down and screaming their heads off. The excitement was intense.

I must admit I was dreading how manic I expected it to be as we entered the shopping centre. I've been to Bieber events before and the fans go crazy for him. I'm very lucky that Papa will quite happily be dragged along to these kind of events, actually I think he enjoys them really and like me, he loves to see the girls so happy.


We weren't lucky enough to get our hands on a wristband that would have got us into the stage and viewing area, apparently fans queued all night to be in with a chance to get one and one mum who I chatted to in the crowd  told me that people that had got there at 2 am didn't even manage get a wristband.

Still, the atmosphere outside was electric as everyone waited for Biebers arrival. The weather was cold and a misty rain was begining to soak my coat and frizz my hair. All of a sudden the noisy hum of a helicopter above our heads momentarily silenced the crowds, it was a moment I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. We then heard the screams as Bieber appeared on stage.


The pretty shopping centre Christmas lights were then switched on and we were treated to a fabulous display of fireworks.

Bieber returned to the stage with a guitarist and the words to 'Chesnuts roasting on an open fire' echoed around the crowd as everyone sang along.

 

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, 
Jack Frost nipping on your nose, 
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir, 
And folks dressed up like Eskimos."

It really got me in the Christmas mood and the girls looked like they might cry. Bieber then sang 'Never say Never' and of course always the crowd favourite 'Baby Baby'.

It was a lovely experience and worth going just for the smiles on the girls faces. 
Roll on Christmas!


*This is NOT a sponsored post although I do receive a few pennies per view for the video, it really is a very cool advert (especially if you are a belieber)*

3 comments:

  1. aww thats so nice of you to take your girls, I remember being that excited over boyzone and although my mum (who hates noise n crowds) wouldnt take me to any such event my best friend luckily had a younger more funky mother and she took me along to several concerts and shows to see them and I can't wait till Chloe is older and has a favourite pop star I'll be rght there with her to soak up the atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - you are the greatest parents. I love my girls and I love Justin but no way would I brave crowds like that.

    Libby

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...