Thursday, 20 October 2011

Reasons to Be Cheerful

I've had a good week this week. I've nearly finished my kids Christmas presents although I can't actually take the credit for this as its Papa who has been buying their gifts and hiding them away since July. I've been offered some really fun reviews that I'll be sharing in the next few weeks and I've been given by swap partner for Lakota's festive faith hope and charity swap that I'm really looking forward to.


1)  So Christmas is in the air. I like to make a lot of gifts so I usually make a start mid October. I've ordered soap making stuff, oils for potpourri, and wool for crochet plus I've been out walking in the blowy Autumn breeze collecting pine cones for my Christmas potpourri. I get sooooo excited when the postman delivers craft supplies.


2) Papa has built me an arbour from recycled wood and we enjoyed a few days together building, painting and planting eager to have the garden tidied up and ready for the garden makeover competition that ends in ten days.
P.S Papa asked why I took a photo of his backside " I'm trying to practise 'arty' (no, not farty) shots with my new camera". Well, that's my excuse anyway ;-)



3) Yes, Autumn is definitely here which means toffee apples, crunchy red leaves beneath our feet, warm cardi's, Halloween and colder weather which is my excuse for cosy nights in sitting by the fire. I love walking around the town and being able to smell that everyone has began lighting their fires.

So what are your reasons for being cheerful this week? Pop over to Michelle's place for more reasons.


9 comments:

  1. You sound in a lovely frame of mind and with good reasons. I am looking at your lounge and pinching ideas right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade pressies are the best :0) Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your living room looks so cosy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This time of year really is a crafters heaven. I can picture you sitting by that cosy fire crafting away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a snuggly, cosy scene in that last shot! Have fun making your presents, I love craft deliveries too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mama! I'm with you re getting organised with gifts in good time - I squirrel away things all year. I love Autumn - cordite in the air after fireworks, scrunching through leaves, pumpkins. Your sitting room looks really cosy! Best of luck for the garden makeover competition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word you are so organised! Hoping just by visiting your blog a bit will rub off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your lounge room - so warm and inviting - what a great place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. talented and organised! I so agree about autumn and cosy evenings :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...