Thursday, 13 October 2011

Reasons to Be Cheerful

I've had a good week and its been quite easy to push a negative situation that I have in my life at the moment to one side. I love Michelle's weekly #R2BC because it really does help me to focus in on the many positives I have in my life.


1)  My eldest Brother emigrated to Canada this summer and since he has been gone I've discovered Skype which I've been logging into regularly. We were close as kids and I always enjoyed his company but as our lives moved in different directions and became busy we drifted apart a little. Thanks to Skype I feel like we are close once again which makes me really happy and I've began saving our pennies for a trip out to visit him and his family in their lovely new home.


2) The weather has been lovely and mild perfect for long country walks. As autumn arrives I feel invigorated and excited for Halloween. I've even lost a few pounds which is always a bonus.


3) I've been really enjoying my new camera as I practise taking different shots. I've been driving everyone mad as they get a lens pointed in their face every five minutes.

4) Our center Parcs welcome pack arrived this week...only a few weeks before we are off and I must say I can not wait. We haven't been for a few years and it will be nice to be back in Elveden Forest and enjoy the tranquility.


So whats been making you smile this week? Pop over to Michelle's place  for more Reasons to be cheerful.

9 comments:

  1. Great pics. Center Parcs is always great fun, we went to Elveden this summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bright reasons. I share the love of the weather, Halloween anticipation and weight loss. Also liking to take photos too, a newish interest of mine. Enjoy Centre Parcs, I keep hearing wonderful things about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photograph with the flowers!
    When my children were small in the 1970s my parents and four brothers and sisters emigrated to Australia. I thought I would never see them again. we wrote regularly (I still have 40 years worth of letters!) but phone calls were out of the question.
    Now it is wonderful. We can Skype each other and it feels like they are in the same room with me, so I know first hand how wonderful Skype can be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canada? Never been but definitely high on the list of wishes. Love your photos, the colours just shout out at me.
    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trip to Canada will be amazing. I have been lucky enough to visit Toronto and Vancouver, although Vancouver was for a meeting and I saw very ittle of it other than the meeting room but it looked beautiful and a place I would loveto return to. Your photo is beautiful byu the way x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are like the sunshine, very uplifting!
    I hope you get to visit your brother soon and when you do don't forget to take your camera x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! They really pop out of the screen at you, your clearly a natural! Have fun at Center Parcs :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...