Thursday, 6 October 2011

Reasons to Be Cheerful

I've had a tough few weeks and to be honest I've felt pretty crap. We lost our Nan four weeks ago and I've taken it pretty bad. Out of all my Grandparents Nanny 'H' (or Super Nanny as my kids called her - long story but basically they thought my Grandad was superman so they were nicknamed Super Nanny & Grandad) I feel her loss the most. After losing my Mum (Her Daughter) five years ago me & Nan really bonded, she knew what it felt like to lose a Mum and I felt a real understanding of my heartache from her. So this week I really feel the need to focus on reasons to be cheerful.

1) I have many many happy and funny memories of my Nan and I'm lucky to have had her in my life for such a long time. Nan lived a long and good life and was loved by many.


2) Papa bought me a new camera for Christmas and to cheer me up he gave it me early. I have wanted to venture into the DSLR scene for a long time time so I've been so excited about my new pressie and been practising like a mad woman. Thanks Papa.

3) I finally managed to recover my corner dining suite in some bargain fabric that I picked up for a fiver a metre. I bought this corner suite about six months ago from eBay for £40 and it was covered in a really drab navy fabric that looked like it belonged on a tube train. I'm very happy with the finished result.

Linking up to the very lovely Michelle's Reasons to be Cheerful.


10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Nan. Big hugs to you, I know how it feels as I lost mine (then Grandad shortly after) about 3 years ago. It still upsets me now when I think about it but it will get better.

    I hope you are feeling brighter soon honey and I look forward to seeing the results of your new DSLR.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your Nan. Losing a grandparent is so hard, even more so with the special bond that you had together! I am sure she was very proud of you!

    Love your dining suite you clever lady you, and I am very jealous of your early Christmas pressie!

    Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you have such wonderful memories of your gran. It is the only thing that gets us through I think.

    Your dining corner is beautiful! I love the fabric you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your Nan, the memories will always be there x
    The dining corner is fab, what great finds and well done on the transformation x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep happy memories of my granny that I lost in January. She would have been 99 next month!
    Have fun with your camera and I love your furniture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Nan looks absolutely lovely. I'm so sorry for your loss, hut I'm glad your memories are giving you reasons to be cheerful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs to you xx So sorry for your loss. Nanny looks like such a cheery person, bless her. Cherish those memories xx And the corner set......wow!! It just invites you to sit down and be comfy! xx Lovely blog (as always) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very sorry to hear about your Nan, she looks like a proper Nan with a twinkle in her eye! I promise it gets easier and you will start to remember things about her with smile instead of a tear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh I am so sorry to hear about your Nan. Glad you are focusing on the positive and rememebring all those wonderful times you had together.

    BTW your corner unit looks amazing.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your nan but you ate right to remember all the good times. Your dining room corner looks great as well x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...