Monday, 31 October 2011

Garden Makeover Competition - The Final!

Well, we are finally ready for the big reveal as The Bosch Lawn and Summer Garden Makeover Competition comes to an end today. Ten Bloggers have been asked to take part and we have each been very kindly provided with £100 voucher for some Bosch Garden tools, a lawn treatment from Green Thumb and a further £100 voucher for Coblands Nurseries Best 4 Plants to help us make a real difference in our gardens.


Over the past couple of months Papa and I have worked really hard trying to create a woodland area at the bottom of the garden. I have always wanted a secret garden for the kids to have their own little place so first thing we did was build an arbour and fence from recycled wood and driftwood.  I painted the tree house and fence right at the bottom of the garden just to tidy it up, then I added some farmyard manure to the area where I wanted to plant up. I have lots of conifers in my garden that do suck a lot of moisture and nutrients from anything that grows close to them so it was vital that I improved the soil before I planted out my lovely new plants.

From Bosch I picked a hedge cutter - AHS 45-16 to tackle my conifers and a line trimmer - ART 26 Combitrim to get around my decking and raised beds easily. Papa liked both products and found cutting the conifers much easier.



I also tidied up the path by my decking area with grey slate chippings. This will stop the annoying grass and weeds that frequently pop up there.

This is the main border and these plants will get quite large by next year. The clematis I planted to climb the arbour will grow really fast and end up with masses of tiny white flowers. I have grown it before and its gorgeous. I love ferns and a woodland garden wouldn't be complete without them. Hydrangeas one of my favourite flowers so I planted up four of these around the garden. I can't wait for them to all bloom next year.


1 - Sedum 'Orpine'                                           
2 - Cotinus Grace
3 - montana 'Clematis'  
4 - Hydrangea macrophylla 
5 - Hydrangea paniculata Grandiflora
6 - Polystichum setiferum 'Soft Shield Fern'
7 - Sedum 'Orpine'
8 - Polystichum setiferum 'Soft Shield Fern'


9 - Japanese Anemone
10 - Hydrangea paniculata Grandiflora: 
11 - Japanese Anemone - Charlotte
12 - Hydrangea Paniculata Grandiflora
13 - Bamboo

The winner receives a full day with leading gardening expert Helen Yemm who writes for the Daily Telegraph. The winning participant will also receive two tickets to RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2012, an exhibition I have always wanted to attend.

So in order for me to win I need your votes, providing you like what I've done that is. I would be really grateful if you could vote below for your favourite makeover. Voting ends at 4.30pm on Friday. Thanks, every vote is appreciated x

9 comments:

  1. how exciting emma, as I am looking now, you are in joint first place, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. God-damn it woman if I didn't want to win it myself then I'd be voting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope my vote has pushed you into the lead at the mo! Fingers crossed, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing!! Vote posted & retweeted! Good luck lovely!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Ladies and Boy & Me yours is great too, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Voted! You've done a great job x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh. What an amazing job you did! I am so jealous of your tire swing too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Emma, the kids love the tyre swing and I love that they use the tree to play x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...