Friday, 2 September 2011

Reasons to be cheerful

I had a bit of a dodgy start to this week and by the time we got to yesterday I was feeling really low. I felt as though certain people were trying their best to grind me down. Every little thing seemed to get to me and I felt a bit weepy. It is so unlike me to let negative thoughts creep in but I know why it is.

Apart from a few irritants that usually I can easily shrug off with ease our Nan was moved to a hospice. Even though she is getting on a bit now it doesn't make it any easier and I feel really sad that we are facing the possibility of losing our strong, funny and wise ole Nan. We are also approaching the week we lost our Mum and I always feel really anxious as we get closer to the anniversary date.

So joining in with this weeks #R2BC over at the lovely Michelles place is just what I need to remind me that I still have a lot of good things going on in my life.

Firstly, I ordered new garden tools and lots of lovely plants for the garden makeover competition that I've been asked to take part in. I feel so lucky to be part of it and it really has kept my spirits up during a difficult week.

Also I am so blessed to live in such a lovely place, with lovely neighbours who Papa and I have become good friends with. We have only been here two years and during that time everyone has made us really welcome. We have lived in places before where the neighbours are not so nice so I am really grateful to my fab neighbours for just being fab.


I am so grateful for my hardworking and supportive husband. Whenever I feel down in the dumps Papa puts things in to perspective for me. He shows me that some things are just not worth feeling stressed out about. He often reminds me that ife is too short to feel anxiety about things we cant change. He then makes me laugh until my ribs hurt.


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

8 comments:

  1. My mum dies 13 years ago and I am a grumpy so and so every year just coming up to her anniversary. I think its just how we manifest our emotions in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my mam's birthday on Wednesday and she would have been 90 years old if she had been allowed to stay with us til now but she was taken from us back in 1989 with lung cancer - we miss her every day.

    Pleased to hear you have Papa there to cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tribute to your husband.
    I too have to face an anniversary of my mum's death (tomorrow). It is bound to be a time for a certain vulnerability and reflection.
    Well done on finding lovely reasons this week of all weeks and envy you having lovely friendly neighbours

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been having a bad week too, emma, and I'm very weepy right now, but things can only get better, and yes, there are many reasons to be cheerful.
    joy x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your lovely comments Ladies. Sorry that you are missing your Mums too, anniversaries can be difficult can't they...Sending you all a hug xxx

    And Joy Hope you are Ok? You know where to find me on FB if you need a chat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Papa sounds fab! Sorry to hear about your Nan, I hope your weekend has been more cheerful so far.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures and I really relate to this as my Dad has just gone into the hospice this week ... which is why I am back taking part in RTBC, such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you for biggin' up the hubbie *makes mental note to do this more often*. And congrats on garden makeover competition! Lovely photos and super reasons to be cheerful :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...