Wednesday, 28 September 2011

The Gallery - Home

The word home conjures up happy and warm feelings for me. I had a happy childhood surrounded by a large family...lots of Brothers, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. We also had lots of friends that were like family to us and when Mum was alive everyone would congregate at our house. It was a big, warm, busy house and I have many fond memories of Home.

As an adult I've become a real 'home bird' and love being surrounded by my family, cosy cushions, warm throws and photo's of my memories. I guess the word 'Home' means cosy and that is the feeling I am trying to create in our house. Not just in the house though I am working at creating a cosy garden too. In the warmer months I spend a lot of time outside...It is a big part of our home.


I love my lounge and it is a work in progress as I am working my way around the room adding photo's, pictures and more book shelves. I have my own corner where I watch corrie, write my blog and crochet. The chilly months of the year we stoke up the fire and drink lots of tea.

My kitchen is full of kitsch luvliness as I have a real thing for kitchenalia...I know, I know that sounds really kinky but I struggle to resist vintage kitchen stuff especially cups and pyrex. Its a bit of an obsession really.

I love my home...Its my retreat from a sometimes harsh world. I know at the end of the day I can close my front door, put the kettle on and relax with the people that matter...My Family and Friends.

Linking up to The Gallery

10 comments:

  1. I want to come and live with you! Can I move in tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got such a brilliant home. It's got so much personality - probably a total reflection of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a photo shoot of the perfect home to me!
    PS where did you get your pinny? Marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I come round for tea in your garden, it looks like my kind of garden (as long as I don't have to look after it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LURV your home! Just the right concoction of quirkiness, character and cosiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love love your style, you are an inspiration to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live your home Mama it looks so inviting and Cosy. I would love to pop round for a cuppa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home always looks so welcoming. Put the kettle on, I am popping round for a cuppa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always I love your blog entry! AND I love how warm and welcoming your home looks. I hope to have a home like it one day x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not surprised you love it, it's gorgeous! What a beautiful home

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...